+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA)

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
Hi guys,

Could you please share your experience with institutions such as WES, ICAS or University of Toronto for Educational Credentials Assessment? I've heard ICAS takes almost 20 weeks to assess documents, WES is not very reliable and they sometime don't evaluate documents properly. I haven't heard anything about University of Toronto though but literally confused.

I have Masters degree in Computer Science. Do I need to assess both Bachelors and Masters certificates? Or just the Masters certificate would suffice?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

margcityfoon

Mar 3, 2015
khairul.alam said:
Hi guys,

Could you please share your experience with institutions such as WES, ICAS or University of Toronto for Educational Credentials Assessment? I've heard ICAS takes almost 20 weeks to assess documents, WES is not very reliable and they sometime don't evaluate documents properly. I haven't heard anything about University of Toronto though but literally confused.

I have Masters degree in Computer Science. Do I need to assess both Bachelors and Masters certificates? Or just the Masters certificate would suffice?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
No matter how many degree u submit for evaluation, it is still same price. But the more u submit, the more documents and parties u need to liaise, the hard part is if your document is not written in English or your institution dissolved or they can't provide the document that meet the ECA requirements. I suggest u to send and evaluate all, worst case, they will drop any degree that unsuccessful and only issue the one with valid documents.

I was with WES, 20days is standard.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I'm facing delays with WES.

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
margcityfoon said:
No matter how many degree u submit for evaluation, it is still same price. But the more u submit, the more documents and parties u need to liaise, the hard part is if your document is not written in English or your institution dissolved or they can't provide the document that meet the ECA requirements. I suggest u to send and evaluate all, worst case, they will drop any degree that unsuccessful and only issue the one with valid documents.

I was with WES, 20days is standard.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Did you by any chance assess a Masters degree? I've heard that WES sometimes doesn't evaluate Masters degree document especially if it's from Asian region. Not sure how accurate it is though.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khairul.alam said:
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Did you by any chance assess a Masters degree? I've heard that WES sometimes doesn't evaluate Masters degree document especially if it's from Asian region. Not sure how accurate it is though.
I used CES route for my ECA as I was not in Pakistan and my O/A-Levels documents needed to be attested by IBCC in Islamabad for WES. It was a long wait but worth it.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
khairul.alam said:
I don't know about Asian region as a whole but I can certainly comment on India. In India, a bachelors degree is 12+3 and a masters degree is 12+3+masters(1 or 2 years). In Canada, a bachelors degree is 12+4 and masters is 12+4+masters(1 or 2 years). ECA organisations tends to evaluate an Indian masters degree as 2 or more degrees or as a bachelors degree as they are missing 1 year of bachelors degree education as compared to Canada. Therefore, an Indian applicant might calculate their masters degree as a masters degree only to be surprised when the ECA comes and they get less points than they estimated.

My wife and I did masters degrees from the UK and we got evaluated as masters degree.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khairul.alam said:
My Masters degree was correctly evaluated by CES.

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
xpressentry said:
I don't know about Asian region as a whole but I can certainly comment on India. In India, a bachelors degree is 12+3 and a masters degree is 12+3+masters(1 or 2 years). In Canada, a bachelors degree is 12+4 and masters is 12+4+masters(1 or 2 years). ECA organisations tends to evaluate an Indian masters degree as 2 or more degrees or as a bachelors degree as they are missing 1 year of bachelors degree education as compared to Canada. Therefore, an Indian applicant might calculate their masters degree as a masters degree only to be surprised when the ECA comes and they get less points than they estimated.

My wife and I did masters degrees from the UK and we got evaluated as masters degree.
That is very detail information, good to know. I'm from Bangladesh. In Bangladesh, a Bachelors degree is 12+4 and Masters degree is 12+4+2. So hopefully there won't be any issue. Thanks!!

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
I did my ECA with the WES,,,,, They finished my application and I got a positive results showing that I have Master Degree.
My certificates were in English, so no need for any translation.
The institutions sent the documents as requested. The problem was in the processing time

started application in: Dec
The Wes received my documents within a week
They changed the status to documents received on 16 Dec
They changed the status to evaluation in process on 4 Jan
Finished application on 2 Feb