+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Requirement for Canada Masters Degree Holder's

chemtoronto

Jan 11, 2015
Dear All
Basically today I received the following reply from Immigration and Citizenship Canada for my questions:

I did my Masters (Master of Engineering) from University of Toronto in Canada. However my Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is from Pakistan. I am planning to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program 2015 under the Express Entry Scheme. My question is
Do I need to have my Education Credentials, the Bachelor’s Degree Assessed?
Do I need to have Educational Credential Assessment?

Reply from Immigration and Citizenship Canada

"Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates’ education credentials must either be Canadian educational credentials or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry.

When a client has multiple educational credentials, including a Canadian one, then the client can choose if they want to get an ECA for the foreign credential.

For more information on who needs an ECA please go to

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
chemtoronto said:
Dear All
Basically today I received the following reply from Immigration and Citizenship Canada for my questions:

I did my Masters (Master of Engineering) from University of Toronto in Canada. However my Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering is from Pakistan. I am planning to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program 2015 under the Express Entry Scheme. My question is
Do I need to have my Education Credentials, the Bachelor's Degree Assessed?

"Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates' education credentials must either be Canadian educational credentials or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry.

When a client has multiple educational credentials, including a Canadian one, then the client can choose if they want to get an ECA for the foreign credential.

No you'll get the maximum possible points with your Canadian Masters degree, though you have to input your BSc into the system. It will ask if you've done ECA.

wasibwp

Nov 22, 2014
chemtoronto said:
Dear All

I did my Masters (Master of Engineering) from University of Toronto in Canada. However my Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering is from Pakistan. I am planning to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Program 2015 under the Express Entry Scheme. My question is
Do I need to have my Education Credentials, the Bachelor's Degree Assessed?

"Dear Client,

In order to be assigned points for education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, Express Entry candidates' education credentials must either be Canadian educational credentials or they must have a valid educational credential equivalency assessment (ECA) for the non-Canadian education credential. In addition, some candidates may require an ECA in order to meet the requirements of at least one of the programs included in Express Entry.

HI
I am master of commerce and i need my master of commerce equivalence in Canada from WES so can u please confirm me do I need to send all my documents from Matriculation to Master degree or only My Master of Commerce degree/certificates to WES..?

rickyufv

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 16th, 2015
AOR Received.
July 5th, 2015
No, as you will get full points for Masters(126). System will calculate based on the highest level of education, which is Masters in your case.

smkashif

Apr 23, 2015
Educational Credential Requirement for canada.

Hello,
I am an engineer from Pakistan. I have done my Matric ,Inter and BE from Pakistan and MS and PhD from France.
My questions are
Do i need to attest my matric , inter certificates and BE degrees from HEC?
As for the Masters and PhD degrees do i need to attest them from HEC also? If they are not recognized by HEC.
I read somewhere that only the last post grad degree should be send for ECA so is it ok if i only send my PhD degree and not the rest?
Help needed looking for an urgent reply.