+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

groveranuj

May 20, 2015
Hi all,

I am just starting the EE process online, and like most others, doing it myself. It's actually based on my spouse's profile.

I have a few queries:

1. In the ECA (which I plan to do through WES) the website mentions this particular requirement"

Arrange for the documents to be sent directly to WES by the university or autonomous college responsible for conducting the examinations.
-OR-
If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the university or autonomous college that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.
Is this mandatory ? Because in my spouse's case, she's done her studies from Allahabad, the university is based in Lucknow, and we're currently in Mumbai. It will be practically impossible to have the mark-sheets in a sealed / stamped & signed envelope.

My Question is: All her mark-sheets are signed & stamped can we not send the copies directly without getting into this seal envelop hassle?

2. At what stage will the work experience letters (and salary slips, appointment letter etc.) be required?

3. There are various agencies listed for getting the ECA. they all list processing times anywhere from 20 days to 20 weeks. Usually how long does it take to get the ECA report?

Thanks in Advance.
Looking forward to prompt reply & guidance.
Anuj

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
groveranuj said:
Hi all,

I am just starting the EE process online, and like most others, doing it myself. It's actually based on my spouse's profile.

I have a few queries:

1. In the ECA (which I plan to do through WES) the website mentions this particular requirement"

Is this mandatory ? Because in my spouse's case, she's done her studies from Allahabad, the university is based in Lucknow, and we're currently in Mumbai. It will be practically impossible to have the mark-sheets in a sealed / stamped & signed envelope.

My Question is: All her mark-sheets are signed & stamped can we not send the copies directly without getting into this seal envelop hassle?
Without sealed envelopes, your marksheets will not be evaluated by WES. They are very strict on this. Also attach the transcript request form when you are sending your docs to WES

2. At what stage will the work experience letters (and salary slips, appointment letter etc.) be required?
After you get an ITA

3. There are various agencies listed for getting the ECA. they all list processing times anywhere from 20 days to 20 weeks. Usually how long does it take to get the ECA report?
WES takes around one month for the evaluation.

Thanks in Advance.
Looking forward to prompt reply & guidance.
Anuj

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
can anyone help answer this question ?

Is it mandatory to request the university to send the documents ?

Can't we ourselves send the documents in sealed envelop that were issued to us by the university ?

Please help urgently !

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infomaster said:
can anyone help answer this question ?

Is it mandatory to request the university to send the documents ?

Can't we ourselves send the documents in sealed envelop that were issued to us by the university ?

Please help urgently !
You can see the requirements above. Either the university sends them directly, or they give them to you in a sealed and signed envelope.

As far as spouses' transcripts, my partner's university in Slovakia does not send transcripts and he is not in Slovakia to pick them up. We simply did not claim the 8 additional points for his education.

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
thanks for the quick replies. coming with 2 more questions:

my university is UP Technical , Lucknow. I am based in Delhi. So how do I get them acknowledge to such requirement to send them either to me OR to WES ? Is there anyone from a similar situation who can help answer if there is any alternate way ?

Secondly, do I need to do this activity for all of my prior degrees(bachelors), secondary edu etc ? OR will the masters suffice for WES ?

groveranuj

May 20, 2015
Hi,

Even my spouse's documents were to be taken from UPTU (lucknow). Luckily, she was traveling that side so it became easy. You will have to go there with a format of the Transcript (yes, they want you to do the homework for them !!) all filled up & ready to be printed. Double-check all your scores/ spellings/ subject codes etc. for any mistakes. They will print these details on official letterheads & give you multiple copies with sealed envelopes. They will not send these to you on a particular address. You will have to be there or ask someone to do it for you.

You can get the format at the UPTU website > Downloads > Archive

To answer your second query- You will need transcripts for Graduation(bachelors) & Post-grad. (masters) both. School / secondary edu. docs. aren't required.

ggupta83

Jul 13, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2016
Hi,

Does anybody know whether WES evaluates the executive programs run by IIMs & whether IIMs have process for providing transcripts (As these programs do not even have marks evaluations, they rather have grades). I have done one such program from IIMC and would like some information in case anyone has any details.

Thanks

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Can someone please guide on the process to get the transcript from UPTU? I have heard you have to pay some bribe as well to get the things done and they are also quite particular about the timings. As I will be travelling from a distant place, it will be good to have all the information before hand.
please help with full details.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
infomaster said:
thanks for the quick replies. coming with 2 more questions:

my university is UP Technical , Lucknow. I am based in Delhi. So how do I get them acknowledge to such requirement to send them either to me OR to WES ? Is there anyone from a similar situation who can help answer if there is any alternate way ?

Secondly, do I need to do this activity for all of my prior degrees(bachelors), secondary edu etc ? OR will the masters suffice for WES ?
Getting an ECA for your highest degree is usually enough!

sey

Sep 30, 2015
hi just received my eca report from wes,just wondering why the length of program is not indicated in my report?ive seen result of a friend and the length of program is written

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sey said:
hi just received my eca report from wes,just wondering why the length of program is not indicated in my report?ive seen result of a friend and the length of program is written
Yes, the length of program is usually written. Could you tell us what exactly is written on your report??

sey

Sep 30, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, the length of program is usually written. Could you tell us what exactly is written on your report??
canadian equivalency summary:diploma two years credential:bachelor of science year:2005 awarded by:name of school institution status:recognized major: medical technology candian equivalency: secondary school diploma and diploma (2 years)..there is no length of program written

sey

Sep 30, 2015
what is the difference of eca for citizenship and immigration canda and credential evaluation and authentication report?what do i need in express entry profile?need help asap..thanks