+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from INDIA

aspirant910

Sep 14, 2014
Please help in understanding the process for assessment of educational qualifications obtained in INDIA.
I have 2 degree's ( B.E and M.E) and It is not getting clear to be from which designated organization I need to get assessment result and furthermore, does I need to send me photocopy for all transcripts or originals as well.

learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/country-list/india

Also, does they need The institution/appropriate authority to send required document DIRECLTY to them as mentioned below.
icascanada.ca/fsw/requiredgeneral.aspx

If that is the case , then this I do not think every university will entertain these type of requests in INDIA.
Please advice.

Kind Regards.

pr4rajesh

Jun 16, 2014
Chennai India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER- 27-Oct-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
27-Jan-2015
Med's Request
10-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2015
Hi ,

No orginals pls. Please keep it with you.
Get attested certificates(transripts) from your university (Individual marksheets,degree certificate) in a sealed cover.
Go for WES(World Education Service) ,Create your account. Pay accordingly for ur eduation. Get the reference number

Create a postal package with the university sealed cover and write the WES reference number as well in the package.

send to the WES address prefrably via fedex

aspirant910

Sep 14, 2014
pr4rajesh said:
Hi ,

No orginals pls. Please keep it with you.
Get attested certificates(transripts) from your university (Individual marksheets,degree certificate) in a sealed cover.
Go for WES(World Education Service) ,Create your account. Pay accordingly for ur eduation. Get the reference number

Create a postal package with the university sealed cover and write the WES reference number as well in the package.

send to the WES address prefrably via fedex
Thanks for the information. Here are my further queries.
1. I am in UK and have educational qualifications from INDIA.
2. I have 2 degree's one is from university (B.E- AGRA University) and another one from autonomous institute ( M.E - BITS) . Does I need to arrange attested certificates from both?

I am really tense How I will do this while I am in UK and moreover , the Agra university which is quite old in India does not even have a working website :(
Any thoughts or past experience of similar kinds.

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
richardrn said:
good day! is there an expiration for ECA?
Yes, the report should be less than five year old.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
aspirant910 said:
2. I have 2 degree's one is from university (B.E- AGRA University) and another one from autonomous institute ( M.E - BITS) . Does I need to arrange attested certificates from both?

I am really tense How I will do this while I am in UK and moreover , the Agra university which is quite old in India does not even have a working website :(
Yes you need to get attested or transcript from all of your degrees in case you wish to have WES assess them. You should contact someone known in Agra who could help with the AGRA University part since the BITS portions should be online.
Typically requests for attested/transcript copies take time to be processed so i would suggest you need to act fast!!
Do note WES accepts attested/transcript copies from University only and not from colleges which you may have studied except for autonomous colleges. Hope this helps.

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
My Friend is applying for ECA from India for educational degrees (Masters and Bachelors in Computers) through WES.org. The total amount comes to $230, I am not sure if this includes both the Degrees, or is it only for the Masters Degress ?

The ECA website says the following:
For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation.

Web Link:
http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp?lctryid=2

I am not sure what these means, do he need to get the ECA for bachelors before applying for ECA for master degrees ? Any help would be appreciated

SUPERMOON

Nov 16, 2016
It would be great help if somebody explains how to correctly read my WES ECA reort;

My degree DOCTOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY is equivalent to FIRST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE according to WES.

CIC does not consider Physiotherapy education as Professional. They consider professional degrees only in medicine, dentistry, chiropractics, pharmacy, optometry and podiatry (I wish I am wrong).

In express entry profile should I mention my degree as BACHELORS, MASTER or PROFESSIONAL-ENTRY TO PRACTICE?

ambivert1

Aug 1, 2017
My Friend is applying for ECA from India for educational degrees (Masters and Bachelors in Computers) through WES.org. The total amount comes to $230, I am not sure if this includes both the Degrees, or is it only for the Masters Degress ?

The ECA website says the following:
For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation.

Web Link:
http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp?lctryid=2

I am not sure what these means, do he need to get the ECA for bachelors before applying for ECA for master degrees ? Any help would be appreciated
This is what I learned so far reading numerous threads on this forum and elsewhere online. You need to get separate sealed covers from both the Universities for your UG & PG and then courier them as a single package to WES along with Xerox copies of Marksheets & Convocation. First open an account on WES and fill in both UG & PG details, pay the the fee, you'll get a reference number, Note the number, download this and fill-in part of it applicable to you, then take it to the university along with all your original certificates & xerox copies and ask them to do ATTESTATION of Marks-Sheets & Convocation Certificate as per the instructions mentioned in the form and to duly sign & stamp the same. The Universities are very well aware of this whole process, they have predefined fees and procedures in place to get this kind of work done. If everything goes as planned, at the end of this process, you should have a sealed cover with all the transcripts duly signed and stamped and sealed into a cover (not to be opened by you, meant only for WES to open).

(Pay utmost attention to the Date of Birth & Names registered with the Universities match with your 10th, Passport or other important documents - looks like, there were instances where the final evaluation reports came out contradicting with dates and names with the passport and other Visa forms. So it is better to ensure consistency across all the forms and certificates you produce.

Open questions -

1. Do we need individual marks-sheets of each semester along with the final consolidated marksheet & convocation for attestation?
2. Do we need to visit the college where we took the course get some kind of written letter from Principal to the University to attest our certificates?
3. What exactly does the sealed cover contain? Does it also contain Academic Records Request form just got filled in by the University? do they pack it inside the sealed cover?
4. The University might choose to send the final transcripts directly to WES, in that case as an applicant what else we need to separately courier WES?

If somebody, kind enough to shed some light in this regard, you are not only helping thousands but also saving them from fake-agent exploitations.

Last edited:

kanikasharma

Mar 28, 2016
I have a PG degree from an autonomous college in Delhi NCR which is presently shut down. Although the degree is still valid, being approved by AICTE. But there's no institution to provide transcripts and marksheets for my PGDM degree. what should I do?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
This is what I learned so far reading numerous threads on this forum and elsewhere online. You need to get separate sealed covers from both the Universities for your UG & PG and then courier them as a single package to WES along with Xerox copies of Marksheets & Convocation. First open an account on WES and fill in both UG & PG details, pay the the fee, you'll get a reference number, Note the number, download this and fill-in part of it applicable to you, then take it to the university along with all your original certificates & xerox copies and ask them to do ATTESTATION of Marks-Sheets & Convocation Certificate as per the instructions mentioned in the form and to duly sign & stamp the same. The Universities are very well aware of this whole process, they have predefined fees and procedures in place to get this kind of work done. If everything goes as planned, at the end of this process, you should have a sealed cover with all the transcripts duly signed and stamped and sealed into a cover (not to be opened by you, meant only for WES to open).

(Pay utmost attention to the Date of Birth & Names registered with the Universities match with your 10th, Passport or other important documents - looks like, there were instances where the final evaluation reports came out contradicting with dates and names with the passport and other Visa forms. So it is better to ensure consistency across all the forms and certificates you produce.

Open questions -

1. Do we need individual marks-sheets of each semester along with the final consolidated marksheet & convocation for attestation? No, if you've already got the sealed transcript.
2. Do we need to visit the college where we took the course get some kind of written letter from Principal to the University to attest our certificates? Unless your college is autonomous and recognised by WES, get all your transcripts from the university.
3. What exactly does the sealed cover contain? Does it also contain Academic Records Request form just got filled in by the University? do they pack it inside the sealed cover? Just your consolidated marksheet signed by the registrar. Done universities pack the ARF, some don't. It doesn't matter.
4. The University might choose to send the final transcripts directly to WES, in that case as an applicant what else we need to separately courier WES? Just ensure that you make the payment to WES, obtain a reference number, and get your university to write the WES reference number on the envelope before they courier it to Canada. Done.

If somebody, kind enough to shed some light in this regard, you are not only helping thousands but also saving them from fake-agent exploitations.

gaps03

Nov 30, 2018

Hi
Any luck getting your transcript from Agra University? Its urgent for me to know the details.
Kushal