+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education WES query

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Hello all

i have masters in finance from uk which i am using to claim points for education. i also have few diplomas and bachelors degree from uk. do i need to get evaluation for all of these degrees for express entry under fsw or should masters degree alone would suffice?

please let me know

also do i have to do this evaluation before creating the express entry profile? i have already used WES online evaluation tool to validate my masters which is canadian equivalent of masters since it was done from uk.

can i enter the pool first and then carry on with getting the formal WES report for my degree

please advise

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I will leave first question to experts. But I think masters is enough if other degrees are not increasing your score

Regarding 2nd questions. Don't wait till creating ee profile. WES takes a lot of time. And yes you can have WES evaluation upfront. Apply right away as WES takes a lot of time.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
JACKCHITRA123 said:
Hello all

i have masters in finance from uk which i am using to claim points for education. i also have few diplomas and bachelors degree from uk. do i need to get evaluation for all of these degrees for express entry under fsw or should masters degree alone would suffice? If your ECA says that your Masters is equivalent to a Canadaian Masters, then Masters would suffice. If it doesn't, you would probably need to get both evaluated.

please let me know

also do i have to do this evaluation before creating the express entry profile? i have already used WES online evaluation tool to validate my masters which is canadian equivalent of masters since it was done from uk. Yes, you do. You probably won't be eligible for EE if your education isn't evaluated. You don't get a single point for foreign education without an ECA.

can i enter the pool first and then carry on with getting the formal WES report for my degree. No, you cannot.

please advise

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
thanks for your help.

so i cant create express entry profile before i get an official WES report of my qualification?

i thought i could at least create this profile and enter the pool and then do the WES report work side by side.

is that not possible?

cant i wait for the ITA to come and then get the WES

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
JACKCHITRA123 said:
thanks for your help.

so i cant create express entry profile before i get an official WES report of my qualification?

i thought i could at least create this profile and enter the pool and then do the WES report work side by side.

is that not possible?

cant i wait for the ITA to come and then get the WES
No, you cannot. You can't claim points for education without an ECA. Doing so would be misrepresentation. Without those education points, you won't meet the minimum requirements for FSW as well as have a CRS high enough to be invited. You have to wait.

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
ok thanks for your help

I have created WES accounts for myself and my wife and have received the WES reference numbers for both. can I now start the process of creating the express entry profile or do I have to want now for the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from WES at my home address?

this ECA will take time because WES takes 4 weeks to process them.

can I start the express entry profile or do I have to wait for 4 weeks until I receive ECA?

Please advise