+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education records-CGA/CPA

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone who is working on getting a designation like CGA/CMA/CPA/CA used their records as proof of education.

I am enrolled in CGA but did all everything online. Transcripts/course marks only reflected the dates when you passed the final exams. No dates of when exactly you enrolled and the duration of your enrolment with them.

Can anyone with similar situation share their experience ?

Thanks.

:)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
I purposely avoided using my CA / CPA transcript or altogether education credentials with ICAO when filling my application and so far the application is showing IN PROCESS in eCAS.
This is because these transcripts do not meet CIC requirements and will bring more questions and trouble from CIC
I read a tread on this forum where someone was asked to provide proper CA / CPA transcript with beginning ending dates, semesters, etc... guess what... no such CA / CPA transcript exists.

In my case, it will probably work well because I've always had a full-time job in Canada and for me CA / CPA exam courses are just self-study and exam... not real enrollment in an educational program.

If you've had a job or been enrolled in a TRUE college or university in Canada since you landed, my advise is to NOT include the CA / CPA transcript or to mention it under the education section of the application

Good luck

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks arambi.

I did not work full time until almost a year after I landed in Canada as I focused on raising my baby. After I landed, I studied CGA/CPA online because it's more convenient than going to a normal university/college. I am actually just concerned that I did not work nor study (if CPA transcript is not available) until after a year of my landing date, and might trigger an RQ.

Thanks again.