+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Proof in Canada: Is degree completion letter enough?

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Hello,
I read many questions about degree completion letter whether being enough to show as a proof of education for Express Entry in FSW category if the degree is completed from Canada. Did anyone actually go ahead with the letter and transcripts sans the degree certificate? And was it accepted by CIC?
I would be greatful for your help as I have received my ITA but not uploaded the documents as I am in two minds now.
Thanks in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hello,
I read many questions about degree completion letter whether being enough to show as a proof of education for Express Entry in FSW category if the degree is completed from Canada. Did anyone actually go ahead with the letter and transcripts sans the degree certificate? And was it accepted by CIC?
I would be greatful for your help as I have received my ITA but not uploaded the documents as I am in two minds now.
You need to include the transcript, too. I think the degree completion letter would be acceptable if you had recently graduated but for some reason don't have the certificate (with a letter of explanation).

Rousi

Oct 16, 2013
Hi,

I was wondering if you have got any success with using the graduation letter?
I am in the same position so when filing the profile I wrote that my degree was awarded on the date I got the graduation letter. However if I get an ITA i probably would still have chance to upload my actual degree as it will be conferred within the 90 days to fill the application. I am afraid that they reject it since I technically didn't state the correct date for degree awarded :(

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Rousi said:
Hi,

I was wondering if you have got any success with using the graduation letter?
I am in the same position so when filing the profile I wrote that my degree was awarded on the date I got the graduation letter. However if I get an ITA i probably would still have chance to upload my actual degree as it will be conferred within the 90 days to fill the application. I am afraid that they reject it since I technically didn't state the correct date for degree awarded :(
I already responded to your query in the other thread.

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello,
Thanks in advance.

Could you please tell me what happened? As i am exactly in the same situation as well? Did they accept the letter of Completion? When u added the degree did you choose "In good standing but no degree is awarded" or " option b Degree is awarded" .. thanks

ndubey04

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Could you please tell me what happened? As i am exactly in the same situation as well? Did they accept the letter of Completion? When u added the degree did you choose "In good standing but no degree is awarded" or " option b Degree is awarded" .. thanks
Guys can someone help here? So many candidiates have same issue

tharindumax

Mar 17, 2019
me also same..have you got any update?

mickaur

Mar 19, 2021
Hi,
I have somewhat similar situations. I have transcripts and diploma but no completion letter. Will i be able to submit my application without problem.
Please reply.
Thank you in advance

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi,
I have somewhat similar situations. I have transcripts and diploma but no completion letter. Will i be able to submit my application without problem.
Please reply.
Thank you in advance
Transcript and diploma are the only requirement. Actually, some people consoder letter of completion not enough for IRCC since your degree is not conferred yet. But what you have is the best combination.