Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Hi Everyone, I have got admission to Global Business Management at Humber college, Toronto. My payment due date is November 09, 2011.

After receiving acceptance letter, I have been facing serious trouble in getting an education loan. I have been to a lot of banks but get to hear one or the other crappy reasons for not accepting the loan. For example:

- Oriental Bank of Commerce, J & K bank, Karnataka Bank, Vijaya Bank gives education loans to people who have an account with them for at least last six months.

- Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Indian overseas Bank, Bank of India don't give out loan for PG Certificates or diploma for studies abroad.

About my financial standing:

Personal Savings in SBI - 3.75 Lakhs
Fixed Deposits in ICICI Bank - 2.50 Lakhs
Provident Fund - 1 Lakh plus

Mother's Savings Account at Union Bank of India - 1.20 Lakhs.

Residential Property Worth 17 Lakhs (easy)

If any of you guys have got a loan from any of the bank for PG Diploma/Certificate, who suggested me that they don't provide loans for these kind of courses - please provide me the loan sanction letter number so that I can get back to them with correct and relevant information...or email it to me at neeraj1985@yahoo.com.

It's now reached the urgency stage ....pls give some inputs...

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
If that's the case...then I am just screwed ....because I don't have that much amount to put an FD in place..... :( :( :(

parth1989

Oct 9, 2011
dude u consult ur overseas consultants...they'll tell u another way for dis...4 sure... :)...trust me its easy...

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
punam said:
try uco bank...u l surely get d loan

Hey Punam ...did you also apply at UCO bank...If yes, can you give me some specific details .....like,

* The amount for which you applied at the bank..
* The collateral you used for loan, if applicable.
* If you got the loan approved through (if using residential property as collateral), can you give me a loan sanction letter number to my email ID if you can...because it will help me expedite it with the concerned bank.

Thank you for you response !!

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
same condition :( and i had already submited my fees :(

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geetdhillon said:
same condition :( and i had already submited my fees :(
Hey Geet u have taken loan from which bank and against property or loan? How much time it take to get loan?

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
lovely mera loan nai hua abhi same reason was given by the bank that we dun provide loan on diploma/certificate and i dun provide any type of security only they asked for govt employee as a gurantor :( ab shayd mein punjab se karwaugi loan on FD basis

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neeraj1985 said:
Hi Everyone, I have got admission to Global Business Management at Humber college, Toronto. My payment due date is November 09, 2011.

After receiving acceptance letter, I have been facing serious trouble in getting an education loan. I have been to a lot of banks but get to hear one or the other crappy reasons for not accepting the loan. For example:

- Oriental Bank of Commerce, J & K bank, Karnataka Bank, Vijaya Bank gives education loans to people who have an account with them for at least last six months.

- Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India, IDBI Bank, Indian overseas Bank, Bank of India don't give out loan for PG Certificates or diploma for studies abroad.

About my financial standing:

Personal Savings in SBI - 3.75 Lakhs
Fixed Deposits in ICICI Bank - 2.50 Lakhs
Provident Fund - 1 Lakh plus

Mother's Savings Account at Union Bank of India - 1.20 Lakhs.

Residential Property Worth 17 Lakhs (easy)

If any of you guys have got a loan from any of the bank for PG Diploma/Certificate, who suggested me that they don't provide loans for these kind of courses - please provide me the loan sanction letter number so that I can get back to them with correct and relevant information...or email it to me at neeraj1985 @ yahoo.com.

It's now reached the urgency stage ....pls give some inputs...
Hi,

I think the requirement of minimum 6 month old account is a must condition with all Public Sector Bank in India (Well, not fully sure!).

Its true Punjab National Bank, State Bank of India (may be others as well) do not entertain any application for Diploma/certificate courses. But UCO bank do accept application for Diploma (not sure of certificate course) course. And loan is issued mainly against immovable property like land/flat. UCO bank follow in-house procedure like valuation from a locally appointed lawyer and thereby issuance of 85 percent of required loan.

Refer UCO bank website.

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Thanks so much everyone....

Tommorow I am going to go to UCO bank and find it out everything..

After the inputs from everyone it seems like it's going to be my last shot....

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
sandhujas said:
obc gives loan for diplomas

u can check there website for formalities....

Oriental bank of Commerce ....requires that I should have a bank account with them for at least last 6 months before I can apply for any sort of loan.....

getting a loan is tougher than getting PR I guess.... ;)

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Ok...

Waise bro did you apply for loan against FD or was it against some property like house or some other immovable property....?