+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Gap and study permit restoration, PLEASE HELP ME!

bazbezoon

Feb 16, 2014
my situation is extremely complex but I will try to simplify.

I was enrolled in a one year program between 2010-2011, I failed courses due to high load of courses and being blind in one eye got the best out of me, I have extended my stay as a student from then up until now, and have not completed my studies yet because of serious circumstances that hit me without a warning many times before I started a new semester to take failed courses.

I have some questions.

1.are serious medical reasons taken into consideration when explaining education gaps and poor education performance while I remained in Canada?

2. Do I have any chance at all of restoration considering that I should have graduated long ago but yet here I am still trying to graduate?

3. How bad is it that I spent 2013 here without attending school due to having a medical issue that required me to take medication that have strong side effects but it was the only way to cure my problem?

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
What do you mean by education gaps? How long are they?
Were you a student during these periods of time or not?

What is the total number of courses and how many of them you still need to complete?
Did you get a new LOA for the university? What it says?

What was your financial source during all these years? Did you work or got support for your family?
Do you have money for tuition fee and living expenses?

Also it should be the reason why you did not come back to home country, solved your medical issues and applied for new SP.

bazbezoon

Feb 16, 2014
maximin said:
What do you mean by education gaps? How long are they?
Were you a student during these periods of time or not?

What is the total number of courses and how many of them you still need to complete?
Did you get a new LOA for the university? What it says?

What was your financial source during all these years? Did you work or got support for your family?
Do you have money for tuition fee and living expenses?

Also it should be the reason why you did not come back to home country, solved your medical issues and applied for new SP.
Thank you for response,

the gaps are huge, meaning semesters where i completely didn't attend school.

I went to school full-time jan 2010 to jan 2011 for a one year program at a private music institute, I failed 10 courses out of 28.

went to my home country for an emergency from jan 2011 to july 2011.

I came back in July, and had planned to start school in January 2012, but my appendix burst on the 17th of january, I had surgery and was hospitalized for 4 days, took me a month to completely recover, and got hit with a massive medical bill, so i dropped all my courses.

went back to school full-time from May 2012 to September 2012 but could only take the courses that were available, couldn't take all the ones I failed at once.

In 2013 extended my study permit twice and didn't attend school for medical reasons also.

I know it sounds crazy but thats what really happened.

I have letter of acceptance, it says I have been approved to complete my outstanding courses in May 2014.

my financial source is from my family, and I have enough funds for living expense and and tuition.

I am just scared *censored word*less, because I think my chances are extremely slim to get approved.

I don't know if my medical reasons will be taken into consideration or not

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
In 2013 extended my study permit twice
Since you were able to extend your study permit it means that they were satisfied with your explanation about previous medical/emergency issues.
So what you need to explain and prove is this part:
and didn't attend school for medical reasons also.
I suggest call to CIC, explain your situation and ask them what medical documents you need to submit with your application for SP to explain why you did not attend school.
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

You need to understand that CIC may suspect you in using SP just to stay in Canada with unknown (even criminal) intentions. So your proof of medical issues should be strong and clear.