+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Equivalency

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hi,

My wife is from Uganda and studied at a well-known university in Uganda in Development Studies. She studied and graduated with a Bachelors of Development Studies.
Does anyone have any idea what is this equivalence to the academics in Canada?
Just wondering whether my wife will need to settle to a Wal-Mart of Dollarama job or will she be well off in finding a job with a non-profit organization or any organization that is in her area?

Sometimes feel discouraging and I feel for those taxi drivers who studied for years in the medical world in India but when they decide to come to Canada, they can only be a taxi driver.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most likely have to re-do her bachelors degree from a Canadian university, depending on her major she may get some credits transferred towards her university courses. To answer your question she'll have to start with the art of burger flipping in McDonalds and customer service in Walmart. This way she will have skills developed to deal with Canadians

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Good point, thanks for the information.
Any suggestions other than McDonalds or Wal-Mart where she can work that will provide her with Canadian work experience?
Office/customer support jobs?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try call center but keep in mind its minimum wage and you have to listen to abuses from people.