+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

education does not match with work experience.

khurram82

Mar 17, 2011
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends

i have a question for u people and i ll be very grateful if u will help me regarding this.

My qualification is Master in Computer science ( Total 16 years qualification) completed in 2004
and work experience as a Electrician . i have been working as a electrician since 2005.

i know it seems strange that person with IT qualification is an electrician. but i was unable to find a job at that time so i joined the Electrical company.

Now my question is that will CIC refuse my application on these basis or i will granted points as mentioned by them.

i have thoroughly studdied the immigration guide. and it is no where mentioned that work experience should must be relevant to the qualification gained.

Whats your opinion. ????? should i go a head. ???

if yes, what documnets i have to submit from my employer.

Please help..

Thank u for ur time and reply.

Khurram82

Pakistan

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
work experience can be on any NOC 0 A B for FSW, for Quebec ones can be up to C.

OP 6 said:
To be eligible for points, the applicant‘s work experience must:
OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers
2010-12-14
 have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application;
 be in occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under Skill Type 0
or Skill Level A and B;
 not be in an occupation that has been designated by the Minister as a restricted occupation.
At the time of printing, there were no occupations designated as restricted. However, for the
most up-to-date listing, officers should refer to the Department‘s website at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp;
 be full-time work, which, according to R80(7), is equivalent to at least 37.5 hours of paid work
per week. Full-time work experience requirement may be met by the equivalent in part-time
paid work experience, e.g. more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more
part-time jobs held over the equivalent of one year of full-time work. Experience can be
calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time work, i.e. 37.5 hours per week in one
job or a total of at least 37.5 hours per week in more than one job, in one or more of the NOC
categories. Periods of work of less than 12 months during the 10 years immediately preceding
the date of the application may be added together and divided by 12 to calculate the number
of years

Now whatyou should do next is make sure your experience does match any NOC 0 A or B and that you do have sufficient documents to prove it is and was acquired within said timeframe

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't think 696 was answering the question as you asked it. Under FSW1, your education is not taken into consideration by the VO for the purpose of determining your employment. (It is obviously important when calculating points for education.) You must prove that you have worked in one of the NOC29 occupations for at least one full year. You will find more on this in OP6.

khurram82

Mar 17, 2011
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank very much for ur reply.

My work experience as an "Electrician" Noc Code 7241 is listed as skill type 0 and i m still in this job since 2005.

but my question is still there ?

will CIC object that why my Work experince is not relevant to my education.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
You do not qualify to apply as an Electrician as you don,t have any prior qualification in your field of experience. Without a prior certificate you will not be considered an electrician, but an assistant who do not qualify at all. With a Masters in computer science and electrician experience sounds ambiguous and you may be called for an Interview to explain things.
khurram82 said:
i am still waiting for ur reply guys

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
khurram82 said:
i am still waiting for ur reply guys
If applying under the 29, you'll need at least 1 year of full time paid experience in your field of education, and if Im not mistaken the only way to get in like that is with arranged employment. Hope its clear now.

reddish

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2009
Doc's Request.
27-10-2009
IELTS Request
02-02-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 -08- 2011
LANDED..........
Nov. 2011
khurram82 said:
Thank very much for ur reply.

My work experience as an "Electrician" Noc Code 7241 is listed as skill type 0 and i m still in this job since 2005.

but my question is still there ?

will CIC object that why my Work experince is not relevant to my education.
@ Khurram82
Your master in computer science does not matter since you are working as electrician, what matters is ''DID YOU UNDERGO ANY TRAINING BEFORE WORKING AS ELECTRICIAN & DO YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY PERMIT TO BE WORKING AS AN ELECTRICIAN IN YOUR COUNTRY'' if YES to both questions then I think you are qualify to apply as electrician.

samar123

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011 In process: 8-6-2012
Med's Request
14-7-2012
Med's Done....
6-8-2012 Delivered to LVO: 21-8-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1: 15-3-2013 PPR2: 25-3-2013
Hello,
I have done my master's in Economics and doing work as an social worker from last 4 years.am I eligible to apply as an social worker....i have not degree in social sciences?

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi S.K
I am not agree with your reply it is clearly explain in OP6 that visa officer

While the Regulations clearly place responsibility on applicants to undertake research of the NOC
and provide the NOC coding for the occupations in which they claim qualifying experience, officers are
expected to exercise discretion where applicants may have made minor errors or omissions in
correlating work experience and NOC coding.
not take into account whether the applicant meets the ¢wEmployment requirements¡ü description
set forth in the NOC for the occupation(s) listed (R80(3));

You do not qualify to apply as an Electrician as you don,t have any prior qualification in your field of experience. Without a prior certificate you will not be considered an electrician, but an assistant who do not qualify at all. With a Masters in computer science and electrician experience sounds ambiguous and you may be called for an Interview to explain things.
[/quote]

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
HI guys I need help... I have 2.5 years of exp in NOC b level then 1 year in NOC c and 1 year in NOC B ... will i get .. 21 points i mean will that NOC C .. b considered or not ??