+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Details in EE profile for Integrated Dual Degree Applicant

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hello,
While filling up my EE profile I am confused about what to enter in "Education History" tab.

To give you some context I have completed an "Integrated Dual Degree" program of 5 Years duration (July, 2009 to June, 2014 -- 2 Degrees (B.Tech+M.Tech) awarded in September 2014). My WES assessment shows "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY = Master's Degree".

1. Firstly, I am confused about how many entries of education history should I add in my profile? Should i add 2 degrees (B.Tech + M.Tech) or just 1? If I add 2 degrees it will become difficult for me to define the number of "Complete/Full academic years" for individual degrees as my course was of 5 years.

2. Secondly, What details should I enter in "Period of study->From"? My gradesheets and my transcripts only mention the semester(Spring/Autumn) and the year and no individual month (Although I know I started in July, 2009).

3. Thirdly, What details should I enter in "Period of study->To"? Should this date be equal to the month when I left college or the month mentioned on my degree certificate? As graduation ceremonies occur a few months past course completion the month mentioned on my degree is September while the month I left college is June 2014.

Thanks in advance to the person who resolves my query. May the force be with you!! :D

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echbee said:
Hello,
While filling up my EE profile I am confused about what to enter in "Education History" tab.

To give you some context I have completed an "Integrated Dual Degree" program of 5 Years duration (July, 2009 to June, 2014 -- 2 Degrees (B.Tech+M.Tech) awarded in September 2014). My WES assessment shows "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY = Master's Degree".

1. Firstly, I am confused about how many entries of education history should I add in my profile? Should i add 2 degrees (B.Tech + M.Tech) or just 1? If I add 2 degrees it will become difficult for me to define the number of "Complete/Full academic years" for individual degrees as my course was of 5 years.

2. Secondly, What details should I enter in "Period of study->From"? My gradesheets and my transcripts only mention the semester(Spring/Autumn) and the year and no individual month (Although I know I started in July, 2009).

3. Thirdly, What details should I enter in "Period of study->To"? Should this date be equal to the month when I left college or the month mentioned on my degree certificate? As graduation ceremonies occur a few months past course completion the month mentioned on my degree is September while the month I left college is June 2014.

Thanks in advance to the person who resolves my query. May the force be with you!! :D
You need to enter masters only . Just one entry with 5 years study,

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for your advice. Just one more thing, should i mention the month when i left college (June, 2014) or the month mentioned on my degree certificate (September, 2014) in "Period of study->To"? In my work experience i have mentioned that i started my job from July, 2014

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
echbee said:
Thanks for your advice. Just one more thing, should i mention the month when i left college (June, 2014) or the month mentioned on my degree certificate (September, 2014) in "Period of study->To"? In my work experience i have mentioned that i started my job from July, 2014
Enter the date on the certificate. The issue of work experience doesn't matter unless it is Canadian work experience you are referring to.

All the best.

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
My work experience is in a MNC in India. But that work experience will be counted for CRS points, so I think my joining date in the company is important too as my CRS points will increase as my work experience increases. What do you think?

schachan

Nov 19, 2018
Hello,

Hi, I am also in the similar situation as you were in 2017. I have done an Integrated Dual Degree program in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnoloy from Jul 2008 to May 2013 period. Can you please update your own queries which holds true for me as well.

schachan

Nov 19, 2018
Hi, I am also in the similar situation as you were in 2017. I have done an Integrated Dual Degree program in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnoloy from Jul 2008 to May 2013 period. Can you please update your own queries which holds true for me as well.
Can you please reply to this as this is very crucial for me ? I would be highly grateful.

amandeep0495

Aug 30, 2019
Did you get the answer ?
I have dual degree (b.tech + m.tech).

was it considered as two separate degrees or masters?

Two separate degrees has 7 points less in CRS score.

ramakanthd92

Feb 6, 2021
Hi,

I am in a similar situation now (I completed my BTech + MTech (Integrate dual degree) during 2009 - 2014 from IIT Roorkee), Just wanted to check if you can help me with some details, on how you applied for the WES evaluation

1. Have you entered and uploaded both degrees as credentials to WES for evaluation or only shared Masters as a credential?
2. What did you select
a) Masters(Intergrated Degree)
b) Bachelors / Masters (Integrated Degree)
c) Masters
3. What are dates of start and completion that you have provided in your ECA application, as both of my degrees have the same end date.

Thanks in advance.