+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education credentials with Canadian postgraduate degree

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I've recently got an FSW express entry ITA with a provincial nomination (EEBC PNP - International Post-Graduate).

When I created my EE profile I included all my degrees in the education section, including a PhD degree from a Canadian university and my foreign bachelor and masters degree. My understanding was that I just need to submit proof of my Canadian education, so I indicated on my EE profile that I don't have ECA for my foreign degrees. I just got points for my highest degree (PhD = 150 points).

However, now checking some posts here I read that I have to submit proofs of everything I included on my EE profile.

Do I have to submit proof of all my degrees or just the PhD? and if I have to submit all of them, do I have to get ECA for bachelor and master even when I indicated on my profile that I don't have ECA?

Thank you very much! This forum has been very helpful during all the PR process!

annalimmie

Nov 10, 2017
Not sure for PNP, but I applied under Federal FSW with a Canadian Masters and a non-Canadian Bachelor. Never had to do ECA for my bachelor but I was prompted to submit copy of degree and transcript for it. I believe these have to be in English or French or translated to E/F. Hope that helps!

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Not sure for PNP, but I applied under Federal FSW with a Canadian Masters and a non-Canadian Bachelor. Never had to do ECA for my bachelor but I was prompted to submit copy of degree and transcript for it. I believe these have to be in English or French or translated to E/F. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for your reply!

Do you mean that in your document checklist you had the option to submit masters and bachelor?

In my documents list I have one prompt that says degrees and one that says academic transcript. I guess the safer way to do it is just to submit translate copies of bachelor and masters diploma and transcript.

annalimmie

Nov 10, 2017
I believe if you declare foreign undergrad degree, they will prompt for it. If not, submit everything to be safe. Point is, no need for ECA if highest degree is Canadian