Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to all,

I am currently enrolled in a state college, I am pursuing a certificate in restaurant management. Such certificate is awarded after 1 1/2 years. Not 1 nor 2 years.
Now the self assessment test, calls for either, among others, a 1 year certificate with at least 13 years of studies, or 2 year certificate with at lest 13 years of studies.

Which one should I go under? :eek:
I am a bit confused right now, and I was hoping someone could help me.

Oh, this may sound as a dumb question, but I have been told, there are no dumb questions, only stupid answers, therefore here it goes... Should I apply now, even though I don't have the certificate at hand, or should I wait until I obtain it? :-[ :-[

Thank you and have a good night! or day!

aryarathor

Sep 9, 2010
i think you should go under 1 yr certificate not 2 yrs...
and if you dont have certificate on your hand at the moment.. then you should wait untill you get it.
tell me onthing have you already given your final exams and waiting for the certi?? where r u at the moment in your 1 n half year course? are you halfway through and just waiting for the result or certi?

Regards

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aryarathor said:
i think you should go under 1 yr certificate not 2 yrs...
and if you dont have certificate on your hand at the moment.. then you should wait untill you get it.
tell me onthing have you already given your final exams and waiting for the certi?? where r u at the moment in your 1 n half year course? are you halfway through and just waiting for the result or certi?

Regards
I'm at the 1 year mark, I still have 1/2 a year more to go.

Thank you

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aryarathor said:
i recon you should wait untill you get your certi.
Do you think Canada will still have restaurant management under FSW by the time I am done?

Thank you

aryarathor

Sep 9, 2010
LAROCCAMOM said:
Do you think Canada will still have restaurant management under FSW by the time I am done?

Thank you
thats the most difficult question you have asked. You cant predict anything regarding immigration rule...
they can change it anytime. Thats one of the things not in our hand to know. its all abt luck. so finger crossed and hope for the best.
or else you can apply before 2 months gettin your certificate. so its all abt your luck and good timings.

good luck

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
There appear to be very few applications in the NOC 0631 category in this forum so that is a good sign for you. However....that means other NOC categories will get their full quota of 1,000 and the slower NOCs will go short. As you know only 20,000 total applications from the 29 NOCs will be permitted. Good luck.

aryarathor

Sep 9, 2010
LAROCCAMOM said:

Thank you

as i said the catagory is there for you. but you never know till the time finish your course they might get rid off it. so as i said earlier try to apply 2 months prior getting your certi.

Good luck
cheers