Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Hi Seniors. Need your valuable advise.

My spouse has done master's in islamic studies from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan A well reputed and recognized Universty in Paksitan.

But my spouse got this master's degree as a private candidate, i mean, she didn't attend any class in the universty. Rather, she had been studying at her home.

My Question is:
Can i still claim adapatbility marks against her education?. As I am confused that someone at this forum was voicing that immigration department of canada does not give marks against the education attained as a private candidate. Is it true?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistan-application-forum-t19839.0.html;msg147173

So, seniors, please confirm that education, attained as a private candidate is considered by CIC for points or not?

Please advice....

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Re: Seniors please help me understand this confusion.

Well in my view,YES , as if CIC can award points for distance learning/online education ,then why not as a private candidate.
May be others could contribute more.

Good luck

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Re: Education as private candidate?( PMM,Leon,windtunnel,rupeshhari and seniors)

I am unable to understand on what grounds some of our members are of the view that education attained as private candidate does not get points from CIC.

So, seniors are requested to enlighten us.

Anaybody, who has or has not got points of education as private candidate, will be more fruitfull. Please Please help..

MH