Edmonton applications.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
*crickets*crickets* Edmonton applications have no movements yet. Has anyone contacted a MP to help speed up the citizenship application? I just heard from someone that you can ask your MP's help on citizenship matters but not sure up to what extent.

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
I am following the number of ceremonies in the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-fra.aspx
1 ceremony each 10 days :eek: , this is means that the ceremony for who applied in 2013, will be in 2018 :p :p :-*

Albertosaurus

Jun 14, 2014
Finally had my test and interview (applied Dec 2012).

Test was easy enough, but the interview involved going through my passports looking at every stamp. As I often fly into Canada at YVR, where there are the automatic kiosks, I don't have stamps for many recent entries. The officer didn't seem to believe that there were kiosks at YVR where you just scan your PR card (even though they have been there for several years). ???

This was all very time consuming (>20 mins) and long detailed hand-written notes were added to my file, which was not very reassuring.

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Albertosaurus said:
Finally had my test and interview (applied Dec 2012).

Test was easy enough, but the interview involved going through my passports looking at every stamp. As I often fly into Canada at YVR, where there are the automatic kiosks, I don't have stamps for many recent entries. The officer didn't seem to believe that there were kiosks at YVR where you just scan your PR card (even though they have been there for several years). ???

This was all very time consuming (>20 mins) and long detailed hand-written notes were added to my file, which was not very reassuring.
Hi Albertosaurus,

Are you in Edmonton? Did you get fingerprint request or RQ?

Albertosaurus

Jun 14, 2014
Yes, in Edmonton. No fingerprints, no pre-test RQ.

Just an interviewing officer claimed to be unaware that there are automated border control kiosks at YVR...

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
Albertosaurus said:
Yes, in Edmonton. No fingerprints, no pre-test RQ.

Just an interviewing officer claimed to be unaware that there are automated border control kiosks at YVR...
Applied: June 13, 2013
In process: August 27, 2013
I called CIC today, the agent confirmed my file is in Edmonton Office and said the transfer was on July 17, 2014. Any idea guys, how long I have to wait for the test.
Thx.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Applied 2013April12
In process 2013 July 10
RQ 2013October sent them the requested doc.'s in November
Transferred my file in Edmonton 2013 December 3

Used to call CIC (every month) when can I expect the test invitation letter, they keep saying they received everything and know my case is on a wait list to be reviewed by an officer :(.
I am optimistic but I don't think before 2016 will be any movement

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC this morning; they had received my fingerprint, and according to the agent, the background check is complete and so far everything seems OK.

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every thing for everybody is done...it's just edmonton is under staffed so they can't get through all these files they are still doing july 2013's

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
Jattz-inc said:
Every thing for everybody is done...it's just edmonton is under staffed so they can't get through all these files they are still doing july 2013's
I don't get your point. I applied in june 2013 and no news. what is your information source! please share

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Msafiri said:
Edmonton has historically been one of the slowest Local Offices across Canada with routine applicants at or around the 25-28 month timeline. A new CJ was hired in 2013 if memory serves me correctly but this doesn't seem to have made a marked change in lengthy timelines. The CJ angle where there is at least one in office, is in my humble opinion a smokescreen the problem is CIC citizenship officer staff capacity/productivity. As a reference point Calgary which has 2 CJs and has been slightly faster than Edmonton (if CJ was slowing issue then it should be operating at almost twice the speed) still has Q4 2012 submitted routine applicants still waiting for a test! As with all things your mileage may vary - good luck to all!
Which Local Offices are the speediest and their timelines? where you can find this information.

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edmonton gets 6 citizenship ceremonies in August vs Mississauga with 31....I don't know what's wrong with edmonton??