+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applications.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
daktrader said:
When FP requests come in - That means the background checks have been revised
daktrader,

Could you explain what you meant by backgrounds have been revised! I thought they just update your file with the missing piece.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FPs are not mandatory...
They are a part of the screening process based on many attributes...
Not all applicants get the FP request
it does not appear on ECAS, but will appear on your ATIP report.

Good Luck!

IamAlbertan said:
Is fingerprint request mandatory to all applications? Do you see it updated in ECAS? Thanks!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have mis-phrased that...

Basically its either your background checks are performed for the 1st time or are revised.
Background checks expire after a year and have to be revised....this applies to FPs

Good Luck!

wadelmaki said:
daktrader,

Could you explain what you meant by backgrounds have been revised! I thought they just update your file with the missing piece.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
daktrader,

In my case the FP showed-up on my ECAS, and I think only becasue the request originally came from Sydney and the letter did not come to me. After awhile (and after I notified them) they sent me another request from local office (Edmonton). However, my file is still in Sydney.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see...
I presume the process has changed since my last knowledge of information.

wadelmaki said:
daktrader,

In my case the FP showed-up on my ECAS, and I think only becasue the request originally came from Sydney and the letter did not come to me. After awhile (and after I notified them) they sent me another request from local office (Edmonton). However, my file is still in Sydney.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Thanks for all your responses :)

Btw, I just called CIC and this lady informed me that my file was transferred to Edmonton local office on March 21, 2014. However, I am just wondering, as on April 9, I received a letter from CIC Sydney confirming the name that I would like to appear in my application. How come I got a letter from Sydney and this lady told me that application was sent in Edmonton on March 21? It doesn't make sense to me. Just saying. Nevertheless, I am still thankful because my application is now in process.

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea it's good news...hope edmonton office would be quick like Scarborough.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Ecas Says: Received March 28, 2014 and sent AOR and Discover Canada handbook.( I have not received till date)
Application in Process from May 8, 2014.

I wonder if we would see any difference in processing times for the increased application fee.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application delivered on March 17, 2014.
Processing started on April 29, 2014.
Fingerprint request on June 20, 20.
Received line disappeared on June 20, 2014.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I lost my passport two years ago. Since this lost passport is not in my possession any more, I attached a letter to the photocopies of bio pages of my passports, explaining that I had lost one of them. Hope it doesn't trigger an RQ.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my fingerprinting experience:
I went to the Police Information Check Section at 14315 118 Ave, and got my fingerprint. The whole process took about 15 minutes and it cost $25. The fingerprint technician told me they would send my info to RCMP in Ottawa, and then the results would be forwarded to CIC Edmonton, and it would take 2-6 weeks.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
EdmontonM said:
Here is my fingerprinting experience:
I went to the Police Information Check Section at 14315 118 Ave, and got my fingerprint. The whole process took about 15 minutes and it cost $25. The fingerprint technician told me they would send my info to RCMP in Ottawa, and then the results would be forwarded to CIC Edmonton, and it would take 2-6 weeks.
EdmontonM,

Did your finger print letter came from Sydney, or from Edmonton?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
EdmontonM,

Did your finger print letter came from Sydney, or from Edmonton?
Yes, it is from Edmonton local office, and the fingerprint technician told me they would send the result back to the same local office.
Is yours from Sydney?

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
EdmontonM said:
Yes, it is from Edmonton local office, and the fingerprint technician told me they would send the result back to the same local office.
Is yours from Sydney?
Yes, it did come from Sydney?

Do you know if your file has been transferred to Edmonton?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
Yes, it did come from Sydney?

Do you know if your file has been transferred to Edmonton?
Well, my file should be in Edmonton now, cause the fingerprint request is from the Edmonton office. I called CIC this morning asking about the transfer date, but the agent didn't want to help. Will call them tomorrow again.