+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Congrats!! What a wait, but I'm happy it's almost finally over for you.

It's only $50 for Express service (2-9 days), so it's obviously worth it!
express service is not open to everyone. Only if you have travel proof in less than 25 business days. The wait of normal passport applications may take up to another 8 weeks.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
No e-mail notifications sent at all. Kept checking, which is frustrating. I created a short cut of the tracker on the home page of my phone so was so easy to check whenever I was free and scrolling through my phone. Infact the only email notification received was for AOR and all others I kept checking almost every two days from when my test was completed in August 2021. I had my ceremony this morning and all went well. I could only say, 2years wait for a 20minutes speech, Oath swearing and singing of the anthem haha. All the very best to us all.

Oh my goodness! This is like a drama... I will also continue to check my application status. "Two years wait for a 20 minutes speech"...that's funny. Would you mind showing me how to create a shortcut of the tracker on my phone? Thanks for this detailed information.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Congratulations!!! Hope you get your oath date soon, taking mine on Thursday March 24.
Oath is on the cards finally after exhausting wait.
CIC will surprise with the steps when we least expect the next steps. Seems this is the key to deal with cic.
Oath date: 02-May-2022. Looks like my son's tracker too(filed with me) updated with same notification.

Last edited:
Reactions: Das67

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
CIC will surprise with the steps when we least expect the next steps. Seems this is the key to deal with cic.
Oath date: 02-May-2022. Looks like my son's tracker too(filed with me) updated with same notification.
Congratulations. You didn't have to wait long after DM. It seems IRCC considered the time before DM to schedule you the oath.

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Congratulations. You didn't have to wait long after DM. It seems IRCC considered the time before DM to schedule you the oath.
Thanks. Correct. Last step was the only step which was fast and i thought it will take 6+ months hence was not expecting anything in 10 days as my previous stages were all very late but when we least expect then they do it quickly :).

I think that its all depends on the officer and the office how they prioritize.
File was not moving even in new office. I was emailing them the additional documents second time to try making it a reminder that my application is still pending but was not moving after test till Feb.
So i sent some nice email to local office requesting them to review my file on 8th this month, telling that its been 2 years, etc etc(and never tried to tell that why they didnt do it, instead was asking them to consider my file to be reviewed as its been 2 years) and it worked to move to DM in 10 days. Looks like edmonton dont keep the file after DM for long like few other locations hence received oath notification soon or may be the officer was working fast or they are considering clearing 2+ year old files as you said.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks. Correct. Last step was the only step which was fast and i thought it will take 6+ months hence was not expecting anything in 10 days as my previous stages were all very late but when we least expect then they do it quickly :).

I think that its all depends on the officer and the office how they prioritize.
File was not moving even in new office. I was emailing them the additional documents second time to try making it a reminder that my application is still pending but was not moving after test till Feb.
So i sent some nice email to local office requesting them to review my file on 8th this month, telling that its been 2 years, etc etc(and never tried to tell that why they didnt do it, instead was asking them to consider my file to be reviewed as its been 2 years) and it worked to move to DM in 10 days. Looks like edmonton dont keep the file after DM for long like few other locations hence received oath notification soon or may be the officer was working fast or they are considering clearing 2+ year old files as you said.
Glad it didn't take much longer. Almost the same time as mine. 27 months until the oath.

Reactions: harirajmohan

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Oath completed on the 24th of March, application status set to "Closed" yesterday. Certificate on the way and then to move on to the passport application.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
Please share your time
Congrats. Please share your timeline. Did you get the oath date via email or did you continue checking the status? Thanks