+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicants

XCode

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi anyone from applying in Edmonton? It seems that this office is super slow. My last update was August 5th. The citizenship exam has been set to completed.

MarU13

Oct 1, 2019
I'm from Edmonton, December 2019 applicant. First applied in July 2019 but application was returned because IELTS was academic and they accept only basic. Reapplied in December 2019, wrote test the end of June 2021. No changes since then. Applied for the notes, they didn't even start verification for language requirements (joke ,right? Because you already returned it once and then checked again when application was received), physical presence and prohibitions. My file came to Edmonton in September of 2020 meaning for 9 months it was collecting dust in Halifax. Then it collected dust for another 8 months before test invite.
Lost all hope and applied for PR replacement in June, no news since. Yesterday received response for my inquiry about PR that they are too busy with Afghanistan and unless my inquiry is super important I won't receive any reply. Basically told me to FO in the nicely manner with automated email.
Found and read interesting document on this forum. Edmonton office has almost 20k applications backlog and the backlog is set to increase in 2021 and 2022. They will try to process paper applications first but also will be transitioning to online, processing around 5% of online applications meaning people who applied in 2021 will get their citizenship faster.

XCode

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I'm from Edmonton, December 2019 applicant. First applied in July 2019 but application was returned because IELTS was academic and they accept only basic. Reapplied in December 2019, wrote test the end of June 2021. No changes since then. Applied for the notes, they didn't even start verification for language requirements (joke ,right? Because you already returned it once and then checked again when application was received), physical presence and prohibitions. My file came to Edmonton in September of 2020 meaning for 9 months it was collecting dust in Halifax. Then it collected dust for another 8 months before test invite.
Lost all hope and applied for PR replacement in June, no news since. Yesterday received response for my inquiry about PR that they are too busy with Afghanistan and unless my inquiry is super important I won't receive any reply. Basically told me to FO in the nicely manner with automated email.
Found and read interesting document on this forum. Edmonton office has almost 20k applications backlog and the backlog is set to increase in 2021 and 2022. They will try to process paper applications first but also will be transitioning to online, processing around 5% of online applications meaning people who applied in 2021 will get their citizenship faster.
That is crazy.

XCode

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I am November 2019 applicant. Though my application was returned due to not signing the last paper!! It was returned in January 2020. I sent my application again and it was received in March 2020. So far only background verification and citizenship test has been marked to completed. No update since August 5th.

MarU13

Oct 1, 2019
My first application was returned but I moved so new renters sent it back to the sender in October 2019. Two days ago I finally received it from immigration office stamped August 2021. I’m assuming they finally dug it out of some big pile of lost and found

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I can’t believe I’m in this mess. I’m from Calgary but situation is similar to Edmonton.

• Wow
Reactions: mangogo

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
My CEC application is transferred to Edmonton. June 2021 applicant. Only medical passed. Even eligibility not started. Seems Edmonton office is dead.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Had my oath ceremony today. Applied June 2019. Never knew my file went to Edmonton because I didn’t receive email correspondence until the notification that an oath date was scheduled. 77 people took the oath at the same time today.

Btw, the zoom host had a message up that you see as soon as you log in, saying change your name on zoom to your assigned seat number. Your seat number is in the oath invitation email. But he didn’t have his settings set to allow us to change our name. It was 15 minutes into the scheduled start time before the video started and we were then told he would correct his mistake. It was nerve racking. I thought I wasn’t going to get my oath but fortunately I sat there hoping it would work out.

Reactions: LoneRider

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi everyone, if you're a citizenship applicant from Alberta would you like to join this telegraph channel:

https://t.me/citizenshipyyc

Applicants from everywhere are welcome by the way. I've been waiting for a long time, and it's really difficult. I thought in this channel we could talk about our experience, timeline, and help each other out. If you like the idea please join and share with others that you think might find this helpful. Thank you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anyone received document request(the usual template) from Edmonton?
Wondering if i need to send highlighted apart from check marked(or all)?

List:
Passports(highlighted but not check marked)
Rental agreements/mortgage documents.
Record of employment or pay stubs
Official Education records
Official Education records for children
Provincial/Territorial personal health summary(highlighted on date period but not check marked)
Entry Exit Record of movement from Canada(highlighted but not check marked)
Other(Check marked): 1. Flight Itineraries and or boarding passes
2. An I94 report from the USA https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
Hi. Has anyone experienced this long delay of getting his/her citizenship ceremony date? I applied in 2020, December, got AOR in February, 2021. Wrote the exam and passed in July 2021. There is still no update on the ceremony date or on the applicant status page. Is this peculiar to Edmonton only? Why the delay? You can't even reach them via email or phone. Can someone share their experience please.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Hi. Has anyone experienced this long delay of getting his/her citizenship ceremony date? I applied in 2020, December, got AOR in February, 2021. Wrote the exam and passed in July 2021. There is still no update on the ceremony date or on the applicant status page. Is this peculiar to Edmonton only? Why the delay? You can't even reach them via email or phone. Can someone share their experience please.
I applied in June 2019. After everything was done except language and test (I’m old, so I was exempt anyway) I was expecting to get my invite for oath in April of 2020. But Covid caused everything to stop. No travel, no in person oath, staff cut or working from home.

In June 2020 I emailed my Local MP. They checked and we’re told Covid was causing a delay and I was still in process and don’t ask again.

In June of 2021 I emailed my MP again without mentioning that I had the year before. In one day I received a response from the MP stating that I should expect a virtual oath invitation within 30 days and that if I didn’t to let the MP know.

The invite came ten days after that and included the date and time but the info that you print for your citizenship paper application doesn’t come until a few days before the ceremony.

My status showed oath pending. Language and test never changed.

After the oath it was two days before it showed oath taken. The citizenship certificate arrived in two weeks.

I think you should email your MP a short email showing your name, birth date and country, and your timeline. Include your UCI number.Tell them you are reaching out because you need help to determine the status of your application.

I wish you good luck.

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
I applied in June 2019. After everything was done except language and test (I’m old, so I was exempt anyway) I was expecting to get my invite for oath in April of 2020. But Covid caused everything to stop. No travel, no in person oath, staff cut or working from home.

In June 2020 I emailed my Local MP. They checked and we’re told Covid was causing a delay and I was still in process and don’t ask again.

In June of 2021 I emailed my MP again without mentioning that I had the year before. In one day I received a response from the MP stating that I should expect a virtual oath invitation within 30 days and that if I didn’t to let the MP know.

The invite came ten days after that and included the date and time but the info that you print for your citizenship paper application doesn’t come until a few days before the ceremony.

After the oath it was two days before it showed oath taken. The citizenship certificate arrived in two weeks.

I think you should email your MP a short email showing your name, birth date and country, and your timeline. Include your UCI number.Tell them you are reaching out because you need help to determine the status of your application.

I wish you good luck.

Thanks for this timely information. I'll try that.

Reactions: Snowisland

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016

I wish you good luck.
Oh well I e-mailed my MP in December 2021 and the status came back as per what is exactly in my tracker. Found it a waste of my time and e-mails needless to say lol.. I'm a March 2020 applicant and my MP mentioned if I don't hear back by April 2022, I should contact him back again. Seriously April which by then would be 2years already. I completed my test since August 2021 with no further update since.