+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Hi All,

I am an applicant in Edmonton after the bill in October.
I have my citizenship test coming up in one week. However, I currently don't hold my passport (I have sent it out for a visa application). Can I appear on test day with a photocopy of my passport? The good thing is that my passport is pretty new and I got it after applying for citizenship, so I can still bring my old passport (which was included in original application) with me to the test. What do you think I should do? I'm afraid if I email them to ask, they will postpone my test date again.
I renewed my passport after my citizenship application and had my passport during interview. I showed it to her and she did not look at it. She said she is interested in the one I submitted with my application. Could be same for you and explain it to her. I would not delay the exam just because of that. They need original of documents you have submitted copies for so your new passport should not be needed. If needed can show copy and explain and show receipt of where it is for visa application. If they still need it later can arrange another way to show them which is unlikely. So if I were you I would not worry it and would go with the exam having original of old passport you submitted copy of. Good luck !

Reactions: Pooya2016

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Called today to find status. Agent told me that oath scheduling process is started on my file. But he did not mentioned by when i should get oath invite ( He mentioned it can be any time ). This is first time i got different answer. Seems i should get email today or next week if i am not wrongly analyzing his reply.

I called previously twice both time they gave me stand. answer that my file is complete and it just i have to wait for oath invite from Edmonton office.
Good news !

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Once they make DM: means all good. That`s why i called 3 times and they mentioned all good. I do not know how they consider Single applicant v/s family applicants . Boz couple of mine friends who were family applications ( Husband n wife / or kids) got oath invite already V/s single applicant.

Not sure if they give priority to family applications for oath schedule.

>2mo for oath...thats long. People who got DM after 1 Feb have oath invites.

Do they do some check etc even after DM?

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Once they make DM: means all good. That`s why i called 3 times and they mentioned all good. I do not know how they consider Single applicant v/s family applicants . Boz couple of mine friends who were family applications ( Husband n wife / or kids) got oath invite already V/s single applicant.

Not sure if they give priority to family applications for oath schedule.
That is interesting. I am single applicant as well. Maybe that's why for me as well in about 2 month since DM (16 Feb) still nothing..... File is in urgent category :)

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
I suggest calling CIC. I also applied for urgent processing. Weeks went by and nothing happened. Imcalled CIC and I was informed that my urgent processing request was denied. The following day my ststus changed to DM (March 28, 2018). I am waiting for my oath taking schedule.

That is interesting. I am single applicant as well. Maybe that's why for me as well in about 2 month since DM (16 Feb) still nothing..... File is in urgent category :)

pclaa.ca

Sep 28, 2017
i did my test on 13feb...still waiting for oath. anyone from 13feb who got oath invitation. how to contact cic or citizenship Edmonton
I did the test the same day like you, feb 13. I called CIC and they confirmed twice the date and time of my Oath Ceremony. They also sent me an email with everything I should bring to the Ceremony. I suggest you give them a call, I am pretty sure they have your date already but they only send a Invitation Letter two weeks before the Big Event. Give them a call :)

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
I did the test the same day like you, feb 13. I called CIC and they confirmed twice the date and time of my Oath Ceremony. They also sent me an email with everything I should bring to the Ceremony. I suggest you give them a call, I am pretty sure they have your date already but they only send a Invitation Letter two weeks before the Big Event. Give them a call :)
Seems they are so busy. I could not go through as it says they have high volume of calls...

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018
Same with me. Just hang up and call again, again, again and again. Keep doing that until you get hold of them.
i find that if you call them between 6:15 am to 6:30 am, you will have a wait time only of about 10-15 minutes. Spoke to them today and they said they are still waiting to have me scheduled for oath hearing. I got decision made March 28.

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Same with me. Just hang up and call again, again, again and again. Keep doing that until you get hold of them.
I tried calling about 8 times today without success. I was in the middle of last call phone voice options that i noted an email showed up and surprisingly it was Oath invite :) :)
My oath invite is for May 1st.
Test on 15th Feb and DM on 16th Feb.

Finally looks this is ending.....

Good luck to all !

Reactions: Pgtk

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I am waiting and waiting for oath DM Feb 26

macmendoza88

Apr 4, 2018
Not in our case. Family applicant and still waiting until now. DM status since Jan 17, 2018.
I think its random in every case.