13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014
Hi All,

Anyone took the test in February or early March and still waiting for DM? I took it on Feb 28 and still in process... they did ask for translation if stamps which i submitted the week after. Nothing after that.
I was having test with you same date in Edmonton and already got oath schedule for 12 April

Good luck

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Called today to find status. Agent told me that oath scheduling process is started on my file. But he did not mentioned by when i should get oath invite ( He mentioned it can be any time ). This is first time i got different answer. Seems i should get email today or next week if i am not wrongly analyzing his reply.

I called previously twice both time they gave me stand. answer that my file is complete and it just i have to wait for oath invite from Edmonton office.

Last edited:
Reactions: AsiaCh

tunaep

Feb 21, 2018
Called today to find status. Agent told me that oath scheduling process is started on my file. But he did not mentioned by when i should get oath invite ( He mentioned it can be any time ). This is first time i got different answer. Seems i should get email today or next week if i am not wrongly analyzing his reply.

I called previously twice they both time they gave me stand. answer that my file is complete and it just i have to wait for oath invite from Edmonton office.
when did you get your DM?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Sat the test in Edmonton today and passed only for the immigration agent to tell me that she can't make a decision on my application because she is still waiting on some security checks. She explained that this is nothing to worry about and just a formality but i'm curious if anyone else has had the same answer. When questioned she replied, "we just need to make sure that you haven't committed any crimes in other counties since you've been in Canada."

I'm a British born citizen who has been in Canada for the last 5 years so i'm curious as to what other security checks she is waiting on.

Has anyone had any experience with the time frame?

tunaep

Feb 21, 2018
Sat the test in Edmonton today and passed only for the immigration agent to tell me that she can't make a decision on my application because she is still waiting on some security checks. She explained that this is nothing to worry about and just a formality but i'm curious if anyone else has had the same answer. When questioned she replied, "we just need to make sure that you haven't committed any crimes in other counties since you've been in Canada."

I'm a British born citizen who has been in Canada for the last 5 years so i'm curious as to what other security checks she is waiting on.

Hello robreeves,

I'm sorry If I'm putting words in your mouth but your post just sounds like you're feeling entitled to the citizenship right away after passing the exam. Everyone goes through the same process

-Application
-Pass the exam
- Interview
-CIC does background check
-grants you the citzenship

Being a "British born citizen" does not exempt you from the background check. The officer is just doing his/her job of verifying your papers during the interview , they could not grant you citizenship on the spot.

They are just making sure that they are not granting citizenship to law offenders.

Reactions: garygnu

Pooya2016

Nov 14, 2016
Hi All,

I am an applicant in Edmonton after the bill in October.
I have my citizenship test coming up in one week. However, I currently don't hold my passport (I have sent it out for a visa application). Can I appear on test day with a photocopy of my passport? The good thing is that my passport is pretty new and I got it after applying for citizenship, so I can still bring my old passport (which was included in original application) with me to the test. What do you think I should do? I'm afraid if I email them to ask, they will postpone my test date again.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Hello robreeves,

I'm sorry If I'm putting words in your mouth but your post just sounds like you're feeling entitled to the citizenship right away after passing the exam. Everyone goes through the same process

-Application
-Pass the exam
- Interview
-CIC does background check
-grants you the citzenship

Being a "British born citizen" does not exempt you from the background check. The officer is just doing his/her job of verifying your papers during the interview , they could not grant you citizenship on the spot.

They are just making sure that they are not granting citizenship to law offenders.
Haha its not quite what was asking so maybe it has come across the wrong way.

I'm asking if anyone has had the same experience that i have just had. For the officer to say "i'm still waiting for....." leads me to believe that they have already been conducting these security checks and from the response of some of the other people there, they had a decision right there and then.

What i am asking for is if anyone else has had experience in this and what sort of time frame have they experienced.

In regards to stating that i am a British citizen, please understand that there are applicants that come from countries that require additional security checks due to the status of that country. Some countries, such as the UK and Australia, would have less stringent security checks.

shandias

Mar 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha its not quite what was asking so maybe it has come across the wrong way.

I'm asking if anyone has had the same experience that i have just had. For the officer to say "i'm still waiting for....." leads me to believe that they have already been conducting these security checks and from the response of some of the other people there, they had a decision right there and then.

What i am asking for is if anyone else has had experience in this and what sort of time frame have they experienced.

In regards to stating that i am a British citizen, please understand that there are applicants that come from countries that require additional security checks due to the status of that country. Some countries, such as the UK and Australia, would have less stringent security checks.
Me and my wife had our test and interview Jan 26. During the interview office said she doesn't have any concerns but she is still waiting on my wife's security clearance . My status changed to DM the next day but my wife's status still in process.

Reactions: robreeves

maxB

Jun 10, 2011
i did my test on 13feb...still waiting for oath. anyone from 13feb who got oath invitation. how to contact cic or citizenship Edmonton

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017

I did my test on Feb 15 in Edmonton and officer told me same thing waiting for security clearance and then they will email me for oath within three months depending when background checks are received.
Everything elase is passed according to gcms notes.

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum. This is my time line

App sent : Oct 14, 2017
App Received : Oct 17, 2017
AOR : Dec 21, 2017
IP : Jan 25, 2018
Test Invite : March 08, 2018
Test Date : March 22, 2018
DM : March 29, 2018
Oath Letter: Waiting