+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Outrageous!!!! So, they haven’t requested additional info and are still keeping it on hold for no reason?!!

Give a call to their call centre and ask for the lastest notes written in your application by the officer after your exam date.

No systemic process whatsoever in Edmonton office!!

In Process (Test /Interview 08Jan 2018 ) :eek:

Last edited:

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Does anyone got oath invite from Edmonton office who passed test from 31 Jan 2018 and onward with DM on ecase ?

I wonder why Edmonton office taking long time for oath invite for cases where there is no pending activities.

rotest100

Mar 19, 2011
Here is my time line in Edmonton, Urgent request:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 29, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 23, 2018 at 8:30 AM.
  5. Got a phone call on March 5 from CIC to take the oath on March 14.
  6. Oath ceremony email on Mach 7.
  7. Website changed from IP to DM on March 9.

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Hello,
I'm following the thread from the other group for Citizenship November 2017 applicants. We are scheduled for Test Date on March 28, 2018.I am not sure if Edmonton office did the Test and oath the same day? My friend is telling me that if you passed the Test on the same day, you will be interviewed by the officer about your documents then the officer will tell you to comeback at 1pm for the oath taking ceremony.
Is anyone did the Test and oath the same day? TIA

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
I'm following the thread from the other group for Citizenship November 2017 applicants. We are scheduled for Test Date on March 28, 2018.I am not sure if Edmonton office did the Test and oath the same day? My friend is telling me that if you passed the Test on the same day, you will be interviewed by the officer about your documents then the officer will tell you to comeback at 1pm for the oath taking ceremony.
Is anyone did the Test and oath the same day? TIA
Only people who live far from an IRCC office tend to be given the opportunity to have the test and citizenship ceremony on the same day, so that they only have to make a single (long) trip, assuming they pass the test and interview, obviously.

Reactions: tikya

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Hi there, I'm an October applicant based in Edmonton and just received my Citizenship test invite today. Could you please update the spreadsheet.

On a further note, to all those who have sate the test, the invitation letter states that i must bring "all my original documents that support your citizenship application". Does this mean passports, driving licence PR cards and the like? Obviously, the original application form was sent to the CIC.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi there, I'm an October applicant based in Edmonton and just received my Citizenship test invite today. Could you please update the spreadsheet.

On a further note, to all those who have sate the test, the invitation letter states that i must bring "all my original documents that support your citizenship application". Does this mean passports, driving licence PR cards and the like? Obviously, the original application form was sent to the CIC.
They have the original for the application form and presence calculation, but not your proof of language knowledge or any of the other documents that you sent copies to IRCC with your application. (Review the checklist if you don't remember what you may have sent.) So you have to take those.

(it's worth having a glance at your presence calculation before you head in, to refresh your memory of any trips you've taken, as you may be asked about those)

You also have to take the invitation letter, your passports, your PR card, and your driver's licence. Some people are asked for their health card, so take that (even though it's not on the list of documents they ask to bring). One person on the forum mentioned being asked for their CoPR.

Some people were asked to provide translations for any stamps in their passports that are not in English or French. Some took the translation and didn't need it. So that's a bit of a gamble either way (if you don't have a translation and they want one you'll have to submit it afterwards, by mail).

Reactions: robreeves and tikya

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Only people who live far from an IRCC office tend to be given the opportunity to have the test and citizenship ceremony on the same day, so that they only have to make a single (long) trip, assuming they pass the test and interview, obviously.
Thank you for your reply. We are living in Fox Creek. Its about 300 kms or 3 hours drive going to IRCC offfice of Edmonton. What do you think is it far enough?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
They have the original for the application form and presence calculation, but not your proof of language knowledge or any of the other documents that you sent copies to IRCC with your application. (Review the checklist if you don't remember what you may have sent.) So you have to take those.

(it's worth having a glance at your presence calculation before you head in, to refresh your memory of any trips you've taken, as you may be asked about those)

You also have to take the invitation letter, your passports, your PR card, and your driver's licence. Some people are asked for their health card, so take that (even though it's not on the list of documents they ask to bring). One person on the forum mentioned being asked for their CoPR.

Some people were asked to provide translations for any stamps in their passports that are not in English or French. Some took the translation and didn't need it. So that's a bit of a gamble either way (if you don't have a translation and they want one you'll have to submit it afterwards, by mail).

Thank you so much!

pclaa.ca

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure what is happening with the Edmonton Office. I completed successfully my test Feb 13, 2018. My eCas changed to Decision Made next day... But nothing has changed since then. I didn’t expect it would take so long to get the Oath invitation letter after the test. This waiting time without a reason is very frustrating.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for your reply. We are living in Fox Creek. Its about 300 kms or 3 hours drive going to IRCC offfice of Edmonton. What do you think is it far enough?
I don't know what IRCC policies are on that front; they do not seem to have posted those online.

Note that, instead of being asked to go to Edmonton, you may end being directed to one of the temporary offices (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html), which means you may end up having two appointments closer by, or even just one appointment (test+interview followed by a citizenship ceremony later on the same day).

Reactions: tikya

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Exactly, At the same time look at Calgary. They have bunch of ceremonies while Edmonton office is in winter sleep mode :) I thought Edmonton is Capital of Alberta but seems not..........
I found this on the CIC website for the Oath Taking Ceremony List:

1. This list is updated weekly.
  2. If you don’t see a ceremony listed for a province, territory, or city, check the Regional itinerant services page. There, you will find a list of additional ceremonies being considered in other areas.
  3. The times shown are the start times of the ceremonies. If you are going to the ceremony as a candidate to take the Oath of Citizenship, check your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear) for the location and the specific time you should arrive which could differ from the time listed on this page.
  4. Ceremonies are not all the same. Ceremonies that are "Open to the public" are subject to facility restrictions. In some locations/venues, the number of guests could be limited.
So lets wait for the weekly update. It is unlikely that the next oath taking ceremony in Edmonton is April 13 when in fact Calgary has multiple ceremonies every week.

pclaa.ca

Sep 28, 2017
I found this on the CIC website for the Oath Taking Ceremony List:

1. This list is updated weekly.
  2. If you don’t see a ceremony listed for a province, territory, or city, check the Regional itinerant services page. There, you will find a list of additional ceremonies being considered in other areas.
  3. The times shown are the start times of the ceremonies. If you are going to the ceremony as a candidate to take the Oath of Citizenship, check your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear) for the location and the specific time you should arrive which could differ from the time listed on this page.
  4. Ceremonies are not all the same. Ceremonies that are "Open to the public" are subject to facility restrictions. In some locations/venues, the number of guests could be limited.
So lets wait for the weekly update. It is unlikely that the next oath taking ceremony in Edmonton is April 13 when in fact Calgary has multiple ceremonies every week.
Why is Edmonton office different to Calgary? Any idea of why the delay?