Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 april2014 17 july 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 April2014 18 july2014
LANDED..........
25 July2014
i get the same answer (one year processing time) , every time i call CIC. I check online status only around 10 time in a day lol.

Reactions: punjabimunda

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
I don't know if this delay between interview and DM is just in Edmonton or all places? From what I can see it is from security checks. Are you guys from muslim countries or middle east?
I am from south Asia. I am not sure whether this may be factor??? I know people who are from south asia and they have got oath lettet already.

princealberta

Nov 25, 2017
Hello friends. I had my test (passed) and interview on Mar 5th. officer said I will get ceremony date in 1-2 months, and if required will mail for additional information. she did not specificy what infromation neither there was any issues during interview, it was smooth. Right the next day ECAS updated to "If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

there was no issue with residence during itnerview. I was not asked for a finger print so far. So, would this be FP request? or RQ. I heard that RQ is generally sent only through mail (post) not through ECAS and generall 10-15 days after test. I am thinking it is FP then, any thoughts?

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hello friends. I had my test (passed) and interview on Mar 5th. officer said I will get ceremony date in 1-2 months, and if required will mail for additional information. she did not specificy what infromation neither there was any issues during interview, it was smooth. Right the next day ECAS updated to "If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

there was no issue with residence during itnerview. I was not asked for a finger print so far. So, would this be FP request? or RQ. I heard that RQ is generally sent only through mail (post) not through ECAS and generall 10-15 days after test. I am thinking it is FP then, any thoughts?
FP REQUEST

Reactions: princealberta

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014

Sorry to hear that.
I think you should call them and try if they can tell.
FP is sent from Vancouver and not from Edmonton.

Reactions: princealberta

princealberta

Nov 25, 2017
Sorry to hear that.
I think you should call them and try if they can tell.
FP is sent from Vancouver and not from Edmonton.
Thank you, tried calling, will try again. I heard few people got FP right in next few days after interview with ECAS being updated. Vancouver can still ask for FP even if the test is in Edmonton.

punjabimunda

Apr 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
We are the only ones or there are other people in same boat?
How come it is in process for us while people are getting DM very next day after test.
Did interview mention you anything pending on your file?
Apparently there are a bunch of folks in line for the DM. Edmonton office has some serious issues as I see applicants in our neighbourhood - Calgary getting DM the next day most of the time. The interviewer never mentioned about any pending checks. Just said it's all good and it would be 2-3 months for the oath.

Reactions: wilkan

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Apparently there are a bunch of folks in line for the DM. Edmonton office has some serious issues as I see applicants in our neighbourhood - Calgary getting DM the next day most of the time. The interviewer never mentioned about any pending checks. Just said it's all good and it would be 2-3 months for the oath.
I was told same, you will get oath letter in the email from now to 3 months

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
What’s worse is that I was checking the website that shows oath ceremony schedules in Alberta. I saw Edmonton office in only 2 or 3 occasions throughout the whole March. And there’s nothing for it shows for April. Calgary is shown almost 10 or 15 times in March alone !!!!

There’s definitely a serious issue with Edmonton office.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
It is really strange...Why edmonton office is taking long time even after DM ( nothing is pending).

I saw on cic web that edmonton oath ceremony schedule is :

Address:
    Suite 145, 9700 Jasper Avenue NW
    Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4C3
    Date:
    Wednesday March 14, 2018
    Time:
    9:30 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Wednesday March 14, 2018
    Time:
    1:30 PM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Friday April 13, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes
So after 14 March....30 days gap...ridiculous

What’s worse is that I was checking the website that shows oath ceremony schedules in Alberta. I saw Edmonton office in only 2 or 3 occasions throughout the whole March. And there’s nothing for it shows for April. Calgary is shown almost 10 or 15 times in March alone !!!!

There’s definitely a serious issue with Edmonton office.

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Probably this is the reason they take their time in changing applications to DM and also the reason they keep delaying applications by all these FP and RQ requests. I can see that Edmonton is on top of the list regarding those extra background checks.

It is really strange...Why edmonton office is taking long time even after DM ( nothing is pending).

I saw on cic web that edmonton oath ceremony schedule is :

Address:
    Date:
    Wednesday March 14, 2018
    Time:
    9:30 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Wednesday March 14, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes

Address:
    Date:
    Friday April 13, 2018
    Time:
    Open to the public:
    Yes
So after 14 March....30 days gap...ridiculous

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably this is the reason they take their time in changing applications to DM and also the reason they keep delaying applications by all these FP and RQ requests. I can see that Edmonton is on top of the list regarding those extra background checks.
I think they are doing this deliberately. The other time people had issues with Mississauga office and they complained. The same can be done with Edmonton office. This unwarranted delays, RQs and Finger print requests are ridiculous.

punjabimunda

Apr 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
I think they are doing this deliberately. The other time people had issues with Mississauga office and they complained. The same can be done with Edmonton office. This unwarranted delays, RQs and Finger print requests are ridiculous.
Do you know where to put forward a complain?

Jan 29, 2018
I checked the oath ceremonies in Edmonton and there is only one for April. So frustrating!!!
And yes, where can we file a complaint so we can do this together...

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
I think the only way to make our voice kind of heard is through our local MPs.. they can’t do much, but a flag might be raised through several complaints coming their way.
However, the folks in Edmonton office will be shielding themselves with that 12-month processing time nonsense.

Reactions: quasar81