+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR travel

Shiva_0786

Feb 5, 2023
Asking for a friend.

While waiting for his PR card, my friend said they will be receiving a Electronic version (eCOPR) that they can download.

His question is, can this be used to travel or will he need to wait for the PR card?

Thank you in advance
Hello i have submitted my photo and address on the portal on 22nd Jan . I am waiting for my ecopr and i want to leave the country urgently i dont have a valid status right now. I was wondering if i can receive the eCopr while outside canada because i declared already that i am inside canada and when i get the eCOPR i can apply for PRTD outside canada to travel back.My concern is can immigration refuse my ecopr if they find out i left canada after declaring that i an in canada?

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Hello i have submitted my photo and address on the portal on 22nd Jan . I am waiting for my ecopr and i want to leave the country urgently i dont have a valid status right now. I was wondering if i can receive the eCopr while outside canada because i declared already that i am inside canada and when i get the eCOPR i can apply for PRTD outside canada to travel back.My concern is can immigration refuse my ecopr if they find out i left canada after declaring that i an in canada?
Hello.. what did you do? I think i will be in the same situation. Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Shiva_0786

Feb 5, 2023
Hello.. what did you do? I think i will be in the same situation. Appreciate if you can share your experience.
Hey man I did left canada without ecopr and somehow they emailed me again asking if i am in canada. I think its just because i sent them many emails before leaving that i have to leave urgently so they checked with me after a month or so if i was still in canada and had to say i left then they said u needed to be in canada until u get your ecopr then i challenged them on their fineprint that when signing the consent on the portal it says i (your name) accepts i am physically present in canada and it does not say i will be oresent their consent only technically says while checking the consent on portal while
uploading address and photo. They did tell me to come back on a visa they will provide for pr but i challened their technically and i wasnt expecting this but they gave me a ecopr while being outside canada. So you should be fine as long as you dont send a lot of email and you already said you are in canada on portal they have no way of finding out because they only have entry information feom border not exiting unless you are going to US by road

Reactions: selbashir

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Hey man I did left canada without ecopr and somehow they emailed me again asking if i am in canada. I think its just because i sent them many emails before leaving that i have to leave urgently so they checked with me after a month or so if i was still in canada and had to say i left then they said u needed to be in canada until u get your ecopr then i challenged them on their fineprint that when signing the consent on the portal it says i (your name) accepts i am physically present in canada and it does not say i will be oresent their consent only technically says while checking the consent on portal while

uploading address and photo. They did tell me to come back on a visa they will provide for pr but i challened their technically and i wasnt expecting this but they gave me a ecopr while being outside canada. So you should be fine as long as you dont send a lot of email and you already said you are in canada on portal they have no way of finding out because they only have entry information feom border not exiting unless you are going to US by road

Many thanks for the detailed answer. Hopefully it goes smooth and i get the eCopr before i leave.

Regards

Patiently waiting….

Star Member
Dec 30, 2023
I see you said there would be an exception re-entering though a land border crossing. I recently received my eCOPR but I don't believe I will have my PR card by next month when I am going to visit home then re enter back through a land crossing If I just show my eCOPR I shouldn't have a problem?
Did you enter by land border? Curious to know how it went as I am thinking of doing it. Thanks