+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECOPR mistake. urgent help needed

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys,

I have got the eCoPR from IRCC. I have got a couple of queries

a) My old passport number is appearing on the eCoPR. Where can I reach IRCC to get that corrected?

b) and do I need to sign and send my eCoPR document back to IRCC? There is one client copy of eCoPR so I am kind of confuse in this.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I landed in jan on wp. my wp was stamped on old passport and I traveled with new passport and presented both passports together at immigration at the time of entry and no issues were noted.

Now I have new passpprt with me. ideally my copr should mention my new passport details. although I think this might not have much impact as once PR card arrives, it will be the ultiamte doc but dont want to miss it in a hurry

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure that you need to worry about this since the COPR is a document that is never renewed; no reason to update it with new passport info. Only when you have to renew your PR card would it be relevant.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Not sure that you need to worry about this since the COPR is a document that is never renewed; no reason to update it with new passport info. Only when you have to renew your PR card would it be relevant.
yes I agree with you and once PR card is finalised, PR Card would be relevant document. but I will raise webform anyways to cover this

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FWIW, your COPR is (and will always be) a relevant document. If your PR card expires, for example, you can use the COPR to re-enter Canada at a land border, if traveling in a private vehicle.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guys,

a) My old passport number is appearing on the eCoPR. Where can I reach IRCC to get that corrected?

b) and do I need to sign and send my eCoPR document back to IRCC? There is one client copy of eCoPR so I am kind of confuse in this.
Did you got the email saying- your CoPR is ready to download in your portal? In the next email after that you would have got an email like- Congrats you are now a Permanent residence of Canada. In that email on one of the first points there would be mentioned: if you find any mistakes you must request an ammend ..... ( in blue) click on it take you to IRCC webform.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hi @lone_ranger please how did you resolve this.

My husband is in the same situation. His COPR carries details from his old passport including it's expiry date which is April 2022.

What do we do.

Khushi12

Aug 27, 2018
I landed in jan on wp. my wp was stamped on old passport and I traveled with new passport and presented both passports together at immigration at the time of entry and no issues were noted.

Now I have new passpprt with me. ideally my copr should mention my new passport details. although I think this might not have much impact as once PR card arrives, it will be the ultiamte doc but dont want to miss it in a hurry
In my husband’s Copr ,there is wrong passport number doesn’t match with new or old passport number.Does it need amendment?

Khushi12

Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys,

In my husband’s Copr ,there is wrong passport number doesn’t match with new or old passport number.Does it need amendment?