+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[ECE]Refusal of a work permit with positive LMIA

ECE0922

Apr 30, 2022
Hi Everyone :)

I studied early childhood education in Vancouver (44weeks program) and have an Early Childhood Educator Certificate.
I also recieved a positive LMIA from a daycare.
I applied for a work permit but it was refused.
I requested a detailed note from IRCC and they said

• According to ESDC, to work as a early childhood educator, applicant needed to have completed a 2-4 year long college program in early childhood education or a bachelor’s degree in child development
  • Officer is not satisfied that this program meets the requirements for the 2-4 year college program in early childhood education

As you may know, Canada is in shortage of ECEs and they have accepted applicants who don’t meet all the requirements.
I have some time to restore my work permit but I don’t know what other documents I should submit.

Is there anyone who knows this case well?

Thank you.

ECEDSA

Dec 6, 2023
So you have an approved LMIA? What province? What is your education/program? Was education completed in Canada? Do you have provincial license?
Yeah, the LMIA is approved, I’m in Victoria BC, my program is basic ECE at sprott shaw college (45 weeks) full time, the hole education was completed in canada and I will recieve my ECE BC license next month

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, the LMIA is approved, I’m in Victoria BC, my program is basic ECE at sprott shaw college (45 weeks) full time, the hole education was completed in canada and I will recieve my ECE BC license next month
You will have to wait and see if approved for work permit since you don’t meet education requirements.

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hi Everyone :)

I studied early childhood education in Vancouver (44weeks program) and have an Early Childhood Educator Certificate.
I also recieved a positive LMIA from a daycare.
I applied for a work permit but it was refused.
I requested a detailed note from IRCC and they said

• According to ESDC, to work as a early childhood educator, applicant needed to have completed a 2-4 year long college program in early childhood education or a bachelor’s degree in child development
  • Officer is not satisfied that this program meets the requirements for the 2-4 year college program in early childhood education

As you may know, Canada is in shortage of ECEs and they have accepted applicants who don’t meet all the requirements.
I have some time to restore my work permit but I don’t know what other documents I should submit.

Is there anyone who knows this case well?

Thank you.
Hi!

I hope you got your work permit finally. I wanted to ask you how long did the positive LMIA take?