+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ecase information disappeared since two weeks

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
Hi Forum,

Since two weeks, I am not bale to locate my case in ecase login. It message says "we are unable to locate your case for time being". I have been told by a consultant that it is temoprary and happens from time to time due to system update. My husband information however is still visible in the system the way it used to be, "in progress".

Is this normal? Have you guys ever seen such scenario?
The reason I am worried is that I applied to renew my PR card and after I received my new card by post, I received an email that the card was issued by mistake and it was cancelled and I was asked to send the card back, which I did.

Can these two situations be related?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi Forum,

Since two weeks, I am not bale to locate my case in ecase login. It message says "we are unable to locate your case for time being". I have been told by a consultant that it is temoprary and happens from time to time due to system update. My husband information however is still visible in the system the way it used to be, "in progress".

Is this normal? Have you guys ever seen such scenario?
The reason I am worried is that I applied to renew my PR card and after I received my new card by post, I received an email that the card was issued by mistake and it was cancelled and I was asked to send the card back, which I did.

Can these two situations be related?
I agree with @canuck78 . . .
. . . but your reference to "consultant" invites some caution. Be sure the consultant is an AUTHORIZED consultant. And if this consultant is handling the application, be sure you have complete copies of everything submitted to IRCC, and confirmation of deliver.

It is rare for a PR to need a consultant when applying for a new/renewal PR card.

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
My case is indeed complicated.
My husband and I applied for renewal of our PR on the H&C grounds because we didn’t meet the residency obligations.
His ecase shows as “in process”, this is my case that has disappeared.

Is this something that happen from time to time to applicants? Their information not being seen/retrievable on the site?
We have also updated the mailing address but my husband ecase still show the old address.
How long does it take for the new information show up in the system?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
My case is indeed complicated.
My husband and I applied for renewal of our PR on the H&C grounds because we didn’t meet the residency obligations.
His ecase shows as “in process”, this is my case that has disappeared.

Is this something that happen from time to time to applicants? Their information not being seen/retrievable on the site?
We have also updated the mailing address but my husband ecase still show the old address.
How long does it take for the new information show up in the system?
As already noted, the situation appears outside the scope of this forum.

Strange things do happen.

But this seems headed down a proverbial Lewis Carroll rabbit hole . . . and given the information underlying your queries in another topic (quoted below) . . . is perhaps already seriously problematic.

If you do not have a LAWYER (not a consultant, but a licensed Canadian lawyer with immigration experience), it may be time to get one, time to lawyer-up. If you do have a lawyer, that is who you need to consult with.

If you are being assisted by a CONSULTANT, make certain the consultant is AUTHORIZED. To determine if the consultant is an authorized consultant, start here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html

H&C cases are TRICKY and typically DIFFICULT. Even the best H&C cases.

There are some obvious should-have-done-this-or-that-differently elements in your situation, like you NOT applying for a new PR card so soon but rather just staying in Canada until the breach of the Residency Obligation was cured. Discussing the particulars of how you should-have-done-this-or-that-differently is of NO help now. BUT this warrants noting if part of the reason why you applied for the PR card so soon after arriving in Canada is that the decision to do this was based on advice from someone. If so, it appears that was rather bad advice. And if so, that suggests disregarding that source of advice or at least approaching it a lot, lot more cautiously if not critically.

I am NOT certain, NOT at all certain, your PR card application has taken your situation into a seriously problematic condition. But there appears to be a substantial risk that your PR status is in real jeopardy. Enough of a risk to make sure you are getting professional, competent advice to help you navigate your way forward.

NOTE, ESPECIALLY . . . if your PR card application is being handled by a consultant, and it is the same consultant now assuring you things are OK, and you have paid or are paying this consultant a significant amount of money, time to be very WARY of the consultant. And if this is the case and in checking to make sure the consultant is authorized (again, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/choose/authorized.html to check on the consultant's authorization) you learn the consultant is NOT authorized, then it really is time to lawyer-up . . . time to see an attorney licensed to practice law in Canada and get some real PROFESSIONAL, AUTHORIZED assistance.

The above observations are based on posts in this topic AND on the following posts from another topic:

I am currently in an absurd situation.
We, a couple, landed in March 2014. Spent sporadic time in Canada and in May 2019 applied for PR renewal on the H&C grounds.
My MIL is a widower with grave medical conditions and my SIL lives in Australia with two small kids that leaves my husband her only care giver.
I came back to Canada in June , got myself a job and surprisingly received my PR in my mailbox after 20 days and in early June.
After few days , got an email from CIC that the PR is cancelled and should be sent back to them by mail. My status shows decision made and my husband is in process.
I have not found anyone who has similar experience. What does it mean for us?
We entered Canada whilst out PR was still valid. After we applied for renewal, I remained here and started to work, my husband though is out of Canada.
We didn’t meet the RO on the H&C grounds.
I would have waited patiently for months, if it wasn’t for the card arriving in my mail box and then cancelled.
I entered Canadabwith a valid PR, thus was not questioned at the PoE.
Basically my PR is still valid, till August.
I did apply including the H&C grounds.

My status shows as decision made with the info of the card being sent to my address, which was the case right till last week.
I think they have not updated that, yet.
My husband case though, remains as it was since the beginning, we have started processing your case.
I have a minor update, my encase changed from Decision made ( with mentioning issuing the PR card) back to in process again (issuing PR card part is still there)!

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
She is indexed authorized and we had valid reasons to apply for renewal whilst not meeting the RO.
My job requires me to travel. I couldn’t remain without a valid travel document for two years, nature of my career requires me to travel (which is already getting me into trouble).
I had a substantiated H&C case that I submitted.
What can I do right now, beside waiting to hearing from CIC?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
She is indexed authorized and we had valid reasons to apply for renewal whilst not meeting the RO.
My job requires me to travel. I couldn’t remain without a valid travel document for two years, nature of my career requires me to travel (which is already getting me into trouble).
I had a substantiated H&C case that I submitted.
What can I do right now, beside waiting to hearing from CIC?
If you trust your consultant, that is who you should be getting advice from.

If you are not confident in what you're being told by the consultant, see a lawyer.

While we sometimes delve into complex issues here, generally no one here should be considered an expert (I for sure am NOT an expert). Honest and competent lawyers and consultants are, of course, a way, way better source of information than participants in a forum like this.

Make no mistake, however, H&C relief for failing to comply with the PR Residency Obligation is considered an EXCEPTION. There are almost no circumstances in which H&C relief is anywhere near a sure-bet let alone guaranteed. But sure, sometimes there are few options and PRs in breach of the RO can choose to pursue a course of action notwithstanding even poor odds of keeping status. Choosing to take their best shot, so to say, despite the odds.

In any event, the majority of both lawyers and consultants are diligent, competent, and trustworthy representatives. And I realize my approach to consultants tends to lean toward a negative bias. Perhaps I have grown jaundiced over the years, having seen a few too many cases like this one: http://canlii.ca/t/j1fqw . . . regarding Xun "Sunny" Wang who made, literally, millions of dollars scamming both Canadian immigration authorities and immigrants (but has also been sentenced to serve seven years in prison) . . . whose clients have been dragged into misrepresentation proceedings on little more evidence than the mere fact they employed him as a consultant.

So, anyway, if you have a consultant you trust, that's who can better advise you about your case.