+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCAS status is In Process but details say Decision has been made

Apr 27, 2010
First post here :)

We applied under FSW in April 2008. We were asked for the full documents in July 2009 and arranged our medicals for August 2009. Our medicals were a bit complicated and retests were needed which were all done by December 2009.

I was never able to get eCAS to work until today when I realised that CHC had entered my birth country as England. I had put UK as birth country in the application form and had tried to login with Scotland (as I am from Scotland) and UK as country of birth. Only today did I think that perhaps they had used England :).

Anyway, to my question.

My status is showing as In Process. But when I go into the details it shows

We received your application for permanent residence on April 9, 2008.

We started processing your application on July 11, 2008.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
There is no mention of medical results being received. I used the online enquiry form in March 2010 to ask whether they had received all the medical tests results but haven't got a reply yet.

Should I be worried about this?
Does anyone know why the status says In Process yet the details say Decision Has Been Made?

Many thanks

SwingSwingSwing

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
CONTACT THEM ASAP,,U MIGHT HAVE MISSED ANY CORRESPONDANCE FROM THEM

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
SwingSwingSwing said:
First post here :)

We applied under FSW in April 2008. We were asked for the full documents in July 2009 and arranged our medicals for August 2009. Our medicals were a bit complicated and retests were needed which were all done by December 2009.

I was never able to get eCAS to work until today when I realised that CHC had entered my birth country as England. I had put UK as birth country in the application form and had tried to login with Scotland (as I am from Scotland) and UK as country of birth. Only today did I think that perhaps they had used England :).

Anyway, to my question.

My status is showing as In Process. But when I go into the details it shows

There is no mention of medical results being received. I used the online enquiry form in March 2010 to ask whether they had received all the medical tests results but haven't got a reply yet.

Should I be worried about this?
Does anyone know why the status says In Process yet the details say Decision Has Been Made?

Many thanks

SwingSwingSwing
Have you sent your Passports for stamping already, if so then its a Good News, if not sent the Passport for PR Visa stamping then I am afraid its not a Good News. Decision made in E-cas without passport being sent is Denial, pls check with your CIC Office immediately via email.

Max

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the replies and, no, I haven't been asked for passports.

I've just sent in an enquiry to CIC London.

SwingSwingSwing

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
It seems they have not received your medical result in its entirety; hence, they have made a decision with information at hand. Contact them ASAP.

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
meanwhile get your CAIPS notes, that might shed some light

Apr 27, 2010
An update:-

Received our passport request letter yesterday!

So having"Decision Made" without the "Medicals Received" status doesn't always mean rejection. :)

SwingSwingSwing

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SwingSwingSwing said:

Received our passport request letter yesterday! Good on you mate!

So having"Decision Made" without the "Medicals Received" status doesn't always mean rejection. :)

SwingSwingSwing

S

shibuya

Barsindoo,
Bro did u find a job in Canada? If yes share ur valuable comments.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
Barsindoo,
Bro did u find a job in Canada? If yes share ur valuable comments. Hello Shibuya. I haven't commenced my job search yet. I am still taking my time to survey the land/opportunities that might be of interest to me in the long term. I believe there opportunities but one must be prepared for them - proper spoken english, certification, demonstrated experience etc.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SwingSwingSwing said:

Received our passport request letter yesterday!

SwingSwingSwing
Great!