+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ecas says Decision made but when clicking on status I don't see any more details

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Hi there, I just logged into e-cas yesterday to check on my application status and surprisingly it already says Decision made next to my name.
What throws me off though is that after clicking on that underlined status to see the details, I don't see that usual "Decision has been reached, the VO will contact you soon" message in the timeline.
I have the We received your application on ......, We started processing your application on....., Medical results received and then the latest status is
We sent you correspondence on April 19, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I know about this, they asked for the marriage certificate and the same day I already sent it back as requested but I haven't heard from them ever since.

Does anybody have any experience what this means? Is the decision made status an error since its not backed up by the corresponding detail? Or is the decision really made and they simply haven't updated the details yet?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
MrScarface said:
Hi there, I just logged into e-cas yesterday to check on my application status and surprisingly it already says Decision made next to my name.
What throws me off though is that after clicking on that underlined status to see the details, I don't see that usual "Decision has been reached, the VO will contact you soon" message in the timeline.
I have the We received your application on ......, We started processing your application on....., Medical results received and then the latest status is I know about this, they asked for the marriage certificate and the same day I already sent it back as requested but I haven't heard from them ever since.

Does anybody have any experience what this means? Is the decision made status an error since its not backed up by the corresponding detail? Or is the decision really made and they simply haven't updated the details yet?
dont worry its normally, ecas is not reliable, i had the same issue DM with no extra lines were added not even the last correspondence they sent me , but i got PPR after 4 days

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
maria_786 said:
dont worry its normally, ecas is not reliable, i had the same issue DM with no extra lines were added not even the last correspondence they sent me , but i got PPR after 4 days
Okay so after 4 days you got the PPR in the mail? and was ecas ever updated?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Agree, nothing to worry about, it's a common problem with ECAS. It should update eventually. If you have DM on the status link, you have DM.

Reactions: Payal1790

setec-astronomy

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016 (AOR1)
File Transfer...
26-04-2016 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
11-03-2016 (Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Aquakitty said:
Agree, nothing to worry about, it's a common problem with ECAS. It should update eventually. If you have DM on the status link, you have DM.
I have to hope that's incorrect and that errors sometimes occur. The Principal Applicant's side of my application just switched to saying "Decision Made" and we're a week from SA, with no communication at all from CIC since file transfer. :-\

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
setec-astronomy said:
I have to hope that's incorrect and that errors sometimes occur. The Principal Applicant's side of my application just switched to saying "Decision Made" and we're a week from SA, with no communication at all from CIC since file transfer. :-\
I've seen errors occur where people go into DM then out. But it's not directly related to the DM on the link only I don't think. Are you American? Some Americans are getting PR VERY fast lately, maybe you are lucky. Or, maybe they put DM on the PA side when it was supposed to be for the sponsor.

setec-astronomy

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016 (AOR1)
File Transfer...
26-04-2016 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
11-03-2016 (Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Aquakitty said:
I've seen errors occur where people go into DM then out. But it's not directly related to the DM on the link only I don't think. Are you American? Some Americans are getting PR VERY fast lately, maybe you are lucky. Or, maybe they put DM on the PA side when it was supposed to be for the sponsor.
I do think it must be an error. The link is Decision Made, but the actual status information doesn't show anything additional. I know they're processing Americans very quickly, and my spouse is an American, but a week from SA would be shocking. Even considering that we've been together for ten years, own a home together, etc. That's just unheard-of. Though I guess it would only have to be a little quicker than some of the February applicants. Fingers crossed, but I'm skeptical and expecting to see it switch back to "In Process" in a day or two.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
setec-astronomy said:
I do think it must be an error. The link is Decision Made, but the actual status information doesn't show anything additional. I know they're processing Americans very quickly, and my spouse is an American, but a week from SA would be shocking. Even considering that we've been together for ten years, own a home together, etc. That's just unheard-of. Though I guess it would only have to be a little quicker than some of the February applicants. Fingers crossed, but I'm skeptical and expecting to see it switch back to "In Process" in a day or two.
Well, you never know. Your application could have been picked up for any reason, glanced through, and then approved. I've been browsing for almost a year now and I still don't have a solid idea of how they process applications. One moment I think I have an idea, and then something happens to completely invalidate that idea.

I really hope that's true DM and that you get a COPR in the mail soon. Good luck with your application ;D.

I have a theory though. They recently hired more case processors for Ottawa. By the time those officers get trained it's likely that December and January applicants have already had their cases assigned to an officer. Since that appears to be the majority of the backlog right now they need cases for these new officers to process. That leaves February and March applicants. It's possible that if there are enough people at the VO processing applications that we could be looking at an incredibly short processing time, at least for the summer while Ottawa is in its fastest season anyways. It's the only explanation I can see for what's going on, but it's just a theory.

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
setec-astronomy said:
I'm in the same boat as you, initially applied in November but they lost our application and found it in April. From then it literally took 2 days for the SA and then it got sent to Ottawa. About 2 weeks later my status is Decision Made.

Freaked me out a bit too and got me worried, a la "What if theres something that instantly disqualified us?".
But your case seems very strong and looking at ours i'm confident it is too, especially after seeing a former coworker all of the sudden getting married to a Canadian with probably nobody outside of her inner circle even knowing they were dating. And she got approved recently so I'm just sitting here and hoping that if she got approved, there should be no way we wont get approved lol.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
MrScarface said:
I have the We received your application on ......, We started processing your application on....., Medical results received and then the latest status is I know about this, they asked for the marriage certificate and the same day I already sent it back as requested but I haven't heard from them ever since.

I have the same thing and I rec'd my COPR and have already landed and it still only says Decision Made. You will probably be receiving your COPR very soon. Congratulations!!

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Mine doesn't say any further information either when I click on the link and I received DM a few days ago. Not really expecting much from ECAS anymore lol.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
TracyCa64 said:
I have the same thing and I rec'd my COPR and have already landed and it still only says Decision Made. You will probably be receiving your COPR very soon. Congratulations!!
Congratulations Tracy! You landed within 6months? Wow! Great!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Hardcookie said:
Congratulations Tracy! You landed within 6months? Wow! Great!
Thank you so much! Yes, it went faster than I thought it would. It was just a little over 5 months.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
MrScarface said:
Okay so after 4 days you got the PPR in the mail? and was ecas ever updated?
i got PPR in email n ecas is still not updated with the extra lime i have done my landing n it says complete now as my final status before it was decisoon made

murthycps

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
I too in the same boat guys.
pls see below message and reply if you have any idea

I have applied for PR on Jan 30, 2017 (AOR Mar 22-2017) for Provincial Nomination of Alberta with my wife. I don't know what happened, but my application is still in process and no proper info given in online account. I have been asked to update the addresses and timeline which I did in Dec 2017, Medicals letter on 3 Mar 2018 and completed - passed status from 5 April 2018. I got one more questionaire to submit CV, thesis supervisor name and publications. (I did MS in University of Manitoba). On Dec 12, 2018, I got a status changed to "Decision Made" and till this time, no questions or emails asked for any details. But my online account shows its still in process. Now its almost 3 -4 weeks since Decision Made, I still didnt got any PPR request. Is this procedure normal or any problem with application? Can anybody inform me. Mine and wife's work permits are changed and updated in September 2018 as I applied for Bridging work permit extension and my wife's PGWP from May 2018 - may 2021.
Could you just reply any cases or some people who faced this. I m worried and do not know what to do. When I called CIC, the call center agent informed that a decision has been taken and it might take several days to get correspondance and can't tell whether its approved or rejected. I ordered GC-MS notes also which just showed Security checks in progress. I also asked Minister of Immigration, an officer replied that my applicaiton is actively processed in Sydney CIO office and will be updated soon on Nov 27, 2018 and security check is pending verification by one of the agencies.

Hope to get reply soon.

Thanks
Venkata