+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Issues

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, I have done my citizenship test and waiting for the oath currently. I am not able to check ECAS for my citizenship application after trying all eligible options. Haven't been able to do it all.

What is the most preferred way of IDENTIFICATION TYPE while checking updates on ECAS for citizenship updates. Is it UCI or Citizenship File number or something else?

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have done my citizenship test and waiting for the oath currently. I am not able to check ECAS for my citizenship application after trying all eligible options. Haven't been able to do it all.

What is the most preferred way of IDENTIFICATION TYPE while checking updates on ECAS for citizenship updates. Is it UCI or Citizenship File number or something else?

Thanks!
Are you a paper applicant? UCI works well for ECAS.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
does this new tracker works for paper applicants as well?
Yes, I believe so. They migrated to this URL by merging the PR tracker and the Citizenship tracker. If you have been using the Citizenship tracker before Oct 13, you'll have to reset your password as shown on the page

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Yes, I believe so. They migrated to this URL by merging the PR tracker and the Citizenship tracker. If you have been using the Citizenship tracker before Oct 13, you'll have to reset your password as shown on the page
Gotcha, so paper applicants have privilege to check status on both ECAS and New Tracker, instead online applicants for latter only, I won't be registering/resetting pw for now, as I am a newbie to Citizenship route. My paper application delivered on OCT 4th, expecting AOR by end of this week or early next week. Fingers crossed. For now struggling with Discover Canada! :)

Reactions: shiremag