+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ecas (In progress), since passing the citizenship test on March 13th 2018

takachi

May 31, 2017
Hi all,

I am really worried :(
I live in Montreal, I sent my application on October 15th 2017, the treatment started on January 12th, I received test invitation on February 28th and passed test and interview on March 13th 2018, since nothing! Still "in progress" until this day! Many people have passed the test after me and they already have their date of cermony :(
Does anyone have an idea why?

Many thank's!

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Hi all,

I live in Montreal, I sent my application on October 15th 2017, the treatment started on January 12th, I received test invitation on February 28th and passed test and interview on March 13th 2018, since nothing! Still "in progress" until this day! Many people have passed the test after me and they already have their date of cermony :(

Many thank's!
I think its because it is MONTREAL! slow place... they second guess everyone/too many frauds...
I moved in from Vancouver regrettably, applied received Oct 12.. passed interview Feb 14 and that is it... i called not too long ago. they said 1 year...
Anyways thats my opinion...

takachi

May 31, 2017
I think its because it is MONTREAL! slow place... they second guess everyone/too many frauds...
I moved in from Vancouver regrettably, applied received Oct 12.. passed interview Feb 14 and that is it... i called not too long ago. they said 1 year...
Anyways thats my opinion...
Thank you for your response,
But I do not understand why they invite us to make the test and the interview if they are not sure about our case! I had 20/20, I did a good interview, the agent checked may documents everything is in order... Many people from Montreal had the "decision make" the day after their test, and the ceremony two month after "decision make" It's really strange!! There is another person who I know who has also passed the test with me and also has his ecase 'in process'. Unbelievable!

qcmontreal

May 15, 2018
we are in the same boat ! application sent 12 octobre AOR on 26 novembre. in process since 20 decembre. exame passed 15 march and still in process.... Montreal office too

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Some of the offices proceed with test invitation while waiting for results of the background checks. Obviously the downside is the seemingly long wait after the test for DM, while some get DM quickly after the test because their BG checks were completed before the test took place. (They probably experienced a longer wait between IP and test.) In the end, in most cases, you'll see very close oath invitations regardless of your interim timings.

takachi

May 31, 2017
Some of the offices proceed with test invitation while waiting for results of the background checks. Obviously the downside is the seemingly long wait after the test for DM, while some get DM quickly after the test because their BG checks were completed before the test took place. (They probably experienced a longer wait between IP and test.) In the end, in most cases, you'll see very close oath invitations regardless of your interim timings.
A friend told me that he passed his test on January 29 and he saw his ecas change on May 14 or 15 he received the invitation for the cermony a week after... So, maybe we will finally get "decision make" around June 14...

we are in the same boat ! application sent 12 octobre AOR on 26 novembre. in process since 20 decembre. exame passed 15 march and still in process.... Montreal office too
I read the testimony of someone in another forum that has the same date as you and has already his ceremony certificate of citizenship :(

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Hi all,

Many thank's!
same here test passed March 14 , still In process ! location .Montreal QC la belle province

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Hi all,

Many thank's!
Same thing happened to my wife. She was In Progress for literally 3 months. But when she got DM, 2 weeks later, she was sent her Oath Invite. Now she is Canadian... so be patient. They are probably waiting on the results of your background check.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Same thing happened to my wife. She was In Progress for literally 3 months. But when she got DM, 2 weeks later, she was sent her Oath Invite. Now she is Canadian... so be patient. They are probably waiting on the results of your background check.
do you also have a citizenship application in process or only your wife was applied for the citizenship ?, I'm asking this because a friend of mine he applied for citizenship on October 2017 and passed the test on February 2018 and still without DM and his wife applied for the citizenship on January 2018 and she still in Process too , he believes that he won't get his oath until his wife get her exam and then they will be invited for ceremony togather!? any body knows if this is possible ?

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
do you also have a citizenship application in process or only your wife was applied for the citizenship ?, I'm asking this because a friend of mine he applied for citizenship on October 2017 and passed the test on February 2018 and still without DM and his wife applied for the citizenship on January 2018 and she still in Process too , he believes that he won't get his oath until his wife get her exam and then they will be invited for ceremony togather!? any body knows if this is possible ?
Yup, mine is in DM status at the moment. I went in DM a full 2 months before my wife even though she took the test a month before I did but she got her Citizenship before me and I'm going to do my Oath Ceremony next month. She applied 2 weeks before I did but we haven't put her details up here because she doesn't use this forum. Your friend will most likely get his Oath Invite for a different date unfortunately... that's my experience atleast.

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Yup, mine is in DM status at the moment. I went in DM a full 2 months before my wife even though she took the test a month before I did but she got her Citizenship before me and I'm going to do my Oath Ceremony next month. She applied 2 weeks before I did but we haven't put her details up here because she doesn't use this forum.
ok so CIC didn't arrange for you guys to have the oath together as a family, thanks for your input and good luck

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
ok so CIC didn't arrange for you guys to have the oath together as a family, thanks for your input and good luck
The agent told me in my interview that she would try but that there would be no guarantees because we didn't apply together, which was fair.

Reactions: lonleyplanet1995

takachi

May 31, 2017
Do you think that we can go beyond September 2018 for the Oath? Do you think there will be several ceremonial dates in July and August? Seen the summer holidays... What frustration and bad luck :( :(

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Do you think that we can go beyond September 2018 for the Oath? Do you think there will be several ceremonial dates in July and August? Seen the summer holidays... What frustration and bad luck :( :(
what's your timeline ?

takachi

May 31, 2017
what's your timeline ?
Beginning of process January 12, 2018.

Exam convocation February 27, 2018,

Exam passed and interview march 13, 2018 (the lady told me that she waiting my background check from the police not only for me but for all
those who apply with her and that I will receive my ceremony convocation 3 to 6 months maximum.

No decision taken until today, still in progress...

I do not understand anything...