+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCAS help

sherry1123

Dec 25, 2010
Hello,

Can anyone please advise if eCas will tell me when I get invited for the citizenship test/ interview. My application currently states that it is 'in Process'.. My Permanent address is not the same as my current address and I just wanna make sure tha tI am up to date when the test invite gets sent out.

Thanks for your help,

Sherry

sumitk2016

Jan 25, 2017
sherry1123 said:
Hello,

Can anyone please advise if eCas will tell me when I get invited for the citizenship test/ interview. My application currently states that it is 'in Process'.. My Permanent address is not the same as my current address and I just wanna make sure tha tI am up to date when the test invite gets sent out.

Thanks for your help,

Sherry
I would advise you to update your current mailing address on e-Cas and follow up by contacting IRCC to confirm the changes. e-CAS may not update when you do get your oath invite, but they will mail you the documents.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sherry1123 said:
Hello,

Thanks for your help,

Sherry
Do not rely on e-cas. It can sometimes update and sometimes does not.
I hope you have updated your mailing address correctly and if yes, good and if not, update it to receive any communication from CIC. Keep checking e-cas/physical mail and email regularly.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
how about test invite?
they will send the mail of invite, but donot update the eCAS status?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willzou said:
how about test invite?
It should be both. But sometimes it's just regular mail or just eCas update.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
willzou said:
how about test invite?
e-cas may or may not update during any stage of the application. do not rely on it totally. Keep checking your email/physical mail and off-course e-cas however don't fully rely on ecas as it may not update.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
You need to be able to receive regular mail during your citizenship application process because even though eCAS will tell you when your Test/Interview is, they will ALSO send you a letter in the mail that you HAVE to take with you to your test/interview. As many people mentioned, eCAS isn't always accurate, so make sure that CIC always have your most up to date mailing address where you will actually be getting mail.
Good luck!