+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Decision Made and NO PPR Express Entry Candidates Connect Here!!

Camaro

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Count me in - DM 14 Sep

Tried calling numerous time to CIC but no positive response except standard 6 month processing time.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
sam_172452 said:
Some visa offices have their own standards. Did your PPR say anything about any photo specifications?
I just found the link with the photo specifications in a foot note within the letter. I guess I missed it the first few times I read it because there's just sooo much information in it :).
Now writing CIC to see where to send our passports. We are not in Canada nor USA and we don't have a local visa office in our home country ::)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
I just found the link with the photo specifications in a foot note within the letter. I guess I missed it the first few times I read it because there's just sooo much information in it :).
Now writing CIC to see where to send our passports. We are not in Canada nor USA and we don't have a local visa office in our home country ::)
Which country are you presently in? Not all countries have visa offices hence they are grouped under other country's visa offices. Check the link below to locate your country's visa office:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Anya654 said:
Which country are you presently in? Not all countries have visa offices hence they are grouped under other country's visa offices. Check the link below to locate your country's visa office:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
I'm in the Dominican Republic. Applications with the previous system were processed by the visa office in Mexico, I can send the passports to either office (Ottawa or Mexico) without any problems I just don't see why I should be sending it to Mexico if Ottawa was the processing office in the first place. I guess I will have to wait to see what they say... :)

ani_78

Sep 23, 2015
I believe me and "SnakePlissken" are on same boat, I have almost the same time line (Sept 4t-Decision Made).. no updates yet.. I am on CEC, not sure thats causing the delay :(

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
I'm in the Dominican Republic. Applications with the previous system were processed by the visa office in Mexico, I can send the passports to either office (Ottawa or Mexico) without any problems I just don't see why I should be sending it to Mexico if Ottawa was the processing office in the first place. I guess I will have to wait to see what they say... :)
You will have to send it to Mexico, Ottawa is for only inland applicants. CIC will let you know,.

ullasshah

Sep 28, 2015
anyone have any idea how come the some of got PPR in 2-3 days while some of are waiting from 4-5 weeks?
i tried to call CIC but could not get any positive responses :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
My ECAS truned to decision made on Sep 26. I called CIC a few times to inquire about the decision. I was not given a specific "approval" response but told that it will be "most likely positive".

I have also been told that the ECAS doesn't always mean decision has been made. Usually, it means everything is complete and the VO will take a decision soon.

Regarding PPR, I am told that, it is sent in batches. And that's why we saw so many people getting their PPR's on Sep 25.

Other than that, we have to wait and watch.
Good luck.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Kucuy15 said:
To those who got PPR last week:

My PPR letter did not mention anything about the photos being signed and dated by the photographer; I did not receive the link with the photo requirements that other members have either, is this the same for you guys?

Thank you and congratulations again!
Congrats for your PPR.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
March 27, 2015 ITA - Declined ( lack of documentation)
April 17, 2015 FSW ITA .
April 19, 2015 App submitted and AOR
June 3, 2015 Meds Passed and Bck Check in progress
Aug 15, 2015 In process
Sep 4, 2015 Decision Made
Sep 14, 2015 PPR
Sep 17, 2015 Passports received at Ottawa
Sep 25 , 2015(morning) Passports come back to me
Sep 25 , 2015 (midnight) Landing at Rainbow bridge

"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
- Philippians 4:12-13

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
My ECAS truned to decision made on Sep 26. I called CIC a few times to inquire about the decision. I was not given a specific "approval" response but told that it will be "most likely positive".

I have also been told that the ECAS doesn't always mean decision has been made. Usually, it means everything is complete and the VO will take a decision soon.

Regarding PPR, I am told that, it is sent in batches. And that's why we saw so many people getting their PPR's on Sep 25.

Good luck.
Thank you! Great info

nrj123

Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:

Good luck.
hello..congrats...whats your timeline..?

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DM on 24th Sep. No updates till date.