+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Decision Made and NO PPR Express Entry Candidates Connect Here!!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Thank you mrazzak and A-man for taking time to answer my questions.
If I get the PPR before my PGWP expired, do I need to apply BOWP to continue my current work? And if I land after the PGWP expired, do I need the BOWP to enter to Canada when landing at the boarder?
Thank you very much.

gkdeore

Sep 21, 2015
I didn't check my status for last 2 months. I checked it this week and it shows "Decision Made", not sure when it was updated.
On the eCAS home page, the bottom right corner shows a date for "Last updated on". Is it accurate?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
If I get the PPR before my PGWP expired, do I need to apply BOWP to continue my current work? And if I land after the PGWP expired, do I need the BOWP to enter to Canada when landing at the boarder?
Thank you very much.
My open work permit expired on August 31. In June, I applied to renew it (not as BOWP, but as extension of my partner's study permit, which is how I got it in the first place). They had not yet made a decision on the work permit when I got PPR. I was on implied status from September 1-18, when I landed.

At the border, I brought my old work permit plus a print-out of my application for the open work permit, and a letter from CIC confirming I was on implied status, which I had asked for over the phone. The CBSA agent who did my landing only wanted the old work permit, which she took from me. She waved away the application for the new one and the letter of implied status. She also told me to call CIC and get them to cancel my work permit application so I could get my money back.

I'm not saying that all agents ask for the same things or behave the same way - just saying in my experience she was not interested in whether I had implied status when I landed or not.

mrazzak

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02, 09, 17-06-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-05-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
LANDED..........
24-10-2015
I_love_van said:
Thank you very much.
I do agree with DOBE about the requirement of implied status.

1. If you have your PPR before PGWP expires, you do not need to apply for an extension/bridging.
2. If you want to land after PGWP expires, you need to have proof of your status in Canada. In this case, you have to have proof of implied status. So, you need to apply for bridging.

Please read this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Lottie604 said:
Waiting for PPR,

DM on Sep 14th - so hopefully sometime next week- if two weeks is looking like the average! ::)

Anyone waiting longer than two weeks?
Me

muhammadanas1987

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lottie604 said:
Waiting for PPR,

DM on Sep 14th - so hopefully sometime next week- if two weeks is looking like the average! ::)

yes i ve been waiting since 28th JULY... so relax people... its going to be almost two months now...

mtrx

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
Oct 6
Lottie604 said:
Waiting for PPR,

on the same boat my friend Sept 14.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Thank you Lord !! you are the greatest !!

just got PPR :)

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
I just got PPR too... in came in an email at 10:24 pm EST!!!

This is the best start to the weekend EVER! :) So grateful for all the help I got through this forum!

vancitychris

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
I just got PPR too... in came in an email at 10:24 pm EST!!!

This is the best start to the weekend EVER! :) So grateful for all the help I got through this forum!
congrats Kucuy! the end is near.. so excited!