+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Decision Made and NO PPR Express Entry Candidates Connect Here!!

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
same here, DM on 26th August, no PPR yet.. though i dont expect anything to happen today given its a holiday there... hopefully tomo.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess there's a huge bunch of Decision Made people who're a part of the same circumstance over the weekend.
How long does it usually take for a DM guy to get a PPR or a rejection letter?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
I guess there's a huge bunch of Decision Made people who're a part of the same circumstance over the weekend.
I looked around when I was DM, and it seemed 2-10 days was average, with some getting PPR simultaneously with DM and some poor DMers waiting for a month - but they were outliers and did eventually get PPR. Mine took exactly a week.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
the_lion said:
The average seems to be about 2 weeks, but the range is pretty broad. Some people have gotten it as quickly as 2 days and other had the infortunate experience of wait over a month.
I'm planning on calling after I pass the 2 week mark. I figure I have a better chance of an agent checking for me if I wait a few weeks and then express concern that I might have missed an email. I'm sure they are getting sick of people calling after only a day or so.
One statisitic I'd like to see is whch are sent out faster, approvals or rejections? It's just tough because it's hard to see any real pattern because there are so many variables in the equation.
Here's hoping that all of us get positive updates this week!

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
The average seems to be about 2 weeks, but the range is pretty broad. Some people have gotten it as quickly as 2 days and other had the infortunate experience of wait over a month.
I'm planning on calling after I pass the 2 week mark. I figure I have a better chance of an agent checking for me if I wait a few weeks and then express concern that I might have missed an email. I'm sure they are getting sick of people calling after only a day or so.
One statisitic I'd like to see is whch are sent out faster, approvals or rejections? It's just tough because it's hard to see any real pattern because there are so many variables in the equation.
Here's hoping that all of us get positive updates this week!
If they're sick of people calling, why don't they go back to the former way of PPR before Decision Made? I wonder why they changed and what they intend to achieve by this delay.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
dobes said:
I looked around when I was DM, and it seemed 2-10 days was average, with some getting PPR simultaneously with DM and some poor DMers waiting for a month - but they were outliers and did eventually get PPR. Mine took exactly a week.
My friend, also an outlander, got PPR about 10 days after DM

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
If they're sick of people calling, why don't they go back to the former way of PPR before Decision Made? I wonder why they changed and what they intend to achieve by this delay.
Changing was a smart move by CIC. CIC promised to finish processing 80% of apps within 6 months from the day a complete application is received to when a final decision is made. Initially the whole process used to be completed in 3 months then it moved to 4 months and now sadly it now takes anywhere from 4 plus months to 5 plus months to finalise apps due to increasing backlogs. So as to meet their target they've then decided to create a team who will then finalise the apps and issue a decision then another team who then sends the PPR letter.

In this way say one submits their app April 01 and it's nearing the 6 months mark, they'll quickly issue a decision just before October 01 even though they aren't ready to send out any PPR letter. Technically if the person receives a DM status on ECAS say on September 25 and come October 02 the person is still yet to receive their PPR letter, CIC has still met it's 6 month's target since a decision was made within 6 months.

Sadly I think this is going to be the way forward now for those apps processed at Ottawa ie DM before PPR and I forsee another backlog created for ppl who have received a DM status and are waiting for their PPR letters. Unfair but smart.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Changing was a smart move by CIC. CIC promised to finish processing 80% of apps within 6 months from the day a complete application is received to when a final decision is made. Initially the whole process used to be completed in 3 months then it moved to 4 months and now sadly it now takes anywhere from 4 plus months to 5 plus months to finalise apps due to increasing backlogs. So as to meet their target they've then decided to create a team who will then finalise the apps and issue a decision then another team who then sends the PPR letter.

In this way say one submits their app April 01 and it's nearing the 6 months mark, they'll quickly issue a decision just before October 01 even though they aren't ready to send out any PPR letter. Technically if the person receives a DM status on ECAS say on September 25 and come October 02 the person is still yet to receive their PPR letter, CIC has still met it's 6 month's target since a decision was made within 6 months.

Sadly I think this is going to be the way forward now for those apps processed at Ottawa ie DM before PPR and I forsee another backlog created for ppl who have received a DM status and are waiting for their PPR letters. Unfair but smart.
That must be it. Your reasoning is quite logical but the wait could be a bit unnerving. But then I think it says that they will try to conclude most applications within six months. To me, the six month period would include the PPR and issuing the visa(at least I hope so) because the agent told me to call back six months from the date of submission(which is a little over 40 days from now) if I haven't received PPR by then. But overall, I think you're right about different teams being responsible for the Decision Made and the PPR. One just wonders what criteria the PPR team consider when deciding when to issue PPR, especially seeing that some fellow outland applicants who applied after me and got DM after me have already received their PPR. In fact some have even received their passports and COPR back. I think the PPR team should be fair to all the Decision made people. I've had Decision made since August 17.

zandora

Dec 31, 2014
Anya654 said:

This is totally it!!! CIC has yet again played a fast one on us! I knew the 6 months was too good to be true in the long run :-[

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
Anya654 said:

+1 for this. I have seen applications got rejected or canceled under express entry with just a message on MY CIC so that applicant can make a new profile and proceed further. So according to me most of DM , if the profile is still shows open( may be I am wrong) are approved applications. Rest,seniors know better.

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
Most of the people get rejection right away. User rjoy.singh had to wait for 4 days after Decision Made before he got rejection letter.

When I was preparing the dataset for the calculator I read whole Rejection thread (and it's like 100 pages). Here are the signs of rejection:
1. In MyCIC Background check goes from In Progress to Not needed at this time.
2. There has been no movement on your application for a long time (one guy was rejected after 4.5 months with no movement on his application).
3. ECAS goes Decision Made 2 months after application was submitted.
4. Most of the rejections happen 2-3 months after application was submitted.

Those of us who have been waiting for 4-5 months and now have Decision Made don't have to worry - it's a positive decision. Statistics says you have to be very unlucky to be rejected after application went ECAS In Process.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tidelander said:
Most of the people get rejection right away. User rjoy.singh had to wait for 4 days after Decision Made before he got rejection letter.

When I was preparing the dataset for the calculator I read whole Rejection thread (and it's like 100 pages). Here are the signs of rejection:
1. Background check goes from In Progress to Not needed at this time.
2. There has been no movement on your application for a long time (one guy was rejected after 4.5 months with no movement on his application).

Those of us who have been waiting for 4-5 months and now have Decision Made don't have to worry - it's a positive decision. Statistics says you have to be very unlucky to be rejected after application went ECAS In Process.
That's a very good analysis - there has been a user saying that his sister got RCMP request and her application was just out there since July!! Don't think that rejection can occur after requesting additional documents or RCMP though... but you never know!! CIC continued to be unpredictable!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tidelander said:

1. Background check goes from In Progress to Not needed at this time.

I wish you could get someone to pin your amazing calculator to the top of this site. I went looking for it the other day and couldn't find it. Really, the search tool on this site is pitiful!

I like your signs of rejection except that in #2, what constitutes "a long time"? We went for 3 months (mid-May to Mid-August) with absolutely no change in status and only a Request Letter asking us to get ICAS to make our IELTS scores available to CIC, then went to In Process, Decision Made, PPR in the following three weeks.

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I wish you could get someone to pin your amazing calculator to the top of this site. I went looking for it the other day and couldn't find it. Really, the search tool on this site is pitiful!
I've attached a link to calculator in my signature.
I've asked moderator to pin the topic to the top but with no success so far.
There is Report to moderator button under each post. If you click it you can request moderator to pin the topic to the top.

dobes said:
I like your signs of rejection except that in #2, what constitutes "a long time"? We went for 3 months (mid-May to Mid-August) with absolutely no change in status and only a Request Letter asking us to get ICAS to make our IELTS scores available to CIC, then went to In Process, Decision Made, PPR in the following three weeks.
Well this guy had no movement at all after he submitted application. Nothing in MyCIC and/or ECAS. Usually you can expect at least Medicals Passed after 1-2 months and then Background check in Progress and then request for additional docs and ECAS Application Received but he had nothing of them.