+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Hi ,I got my ECA done for my highest qualification which is 2 year PGDBM ,for which I was given a Canadian Equilavency by WES of "For year Bachelor Degree".Later in thr forum i realised I should have sent my 3 year Graduation degree too for ECA.Now my query is that can since my PGDB does get me an equilavency of Canadain Masters ,can I go ahead with my PGDM and claim points for Graduation as given my WES or I cannot .2)If i proceed with the same and I get an ITA would i need a ECA for my graduation at that point or i can submit details of graduation without eca and PGDBM with ECA.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi ,I got my ECA done for my highest qualification which is 2 year PGDBM ,for which I was given a Canadian Equilavency by WES of "For year Bachelor Degree".Later in thr forum i realised I should have sent my 3 year Graduation degree too for ECA.Now my query is that can since my PGDB does get me an equilavency of Canadain Masters ,can I go ahead with my PGDM and claim points for Graduation as given my WES or I cannot .2)If i proceed with the same and I get an ITA would i need a ECA for my graduation at that point or i can submit details of graduation without eca and PGDBM with ECA.
No, you can claim points for degrees you have an ECA for.
Since you do not have an ECA for your other degree, you can not claim any points for it.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Pgdbm usually gets an MBA equivalence which in turn must be assessed as masters by wes. Why didn't your PGDM get a masters equivalence? Which college are you from?

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks I am the secondary applicant .I am still confused on should I spend and get my Graduation degree (3 years degree)as ECA or the 2 years PGDBM (ECA as 4 years Canadanian Equivalent) will suffice .Since i dont see any added benfit by spending more......

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks I am the secondary applicant .I am still confused on should I spend and get my Graduation degree (3 years degree)as ECA or the 2 years PGDBM (ECA as 4 years Canadanian Equivalent) will suffice .Since i dont see any added benfit by spending more......
Hi,

The difference is only 1 point, so it all depends on your current CRS score. If it's already high there is no point in getting you Bachelors degree assessed. Read this extract from the ministerial instruction:

"Level of education
(1) The points that are to be assigned to a foreign national for the level of education factor referred to in subparagraph 8(1)(b)(i) are the following:

• (a) 0 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has less than a secondary school credential;
  • (b) 2 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a secondary school credential;
  • (c) 6 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a one-year post-secondary program credential;
  • (d) 7 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a two-year post-secondary program credential;
  • (e) 8 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a post-secondary program credential of three years or more;
  • (f) 9 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has two or more post-secondary program credentials and at least one of them was issued at the completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more;
  • (g) 10 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required; and
  • (h) 10 points, if their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a university-level credential at the doctoral level."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

All the best

Reactions: HelloJai

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks.So for getting the score ,it does not make any sense to get the ECA .But post getting a ITA would I need the ECA for by 3 yaer graduation or even for Job oppurtunities my PGBBM ECA will be good along with all work experience letters .Basically,would I need to get a ECA later ,if so might as well do at thsi stage.Thanks for the help.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks.So for getting the score ,it does not make any sense to get the ECA .But post getting a ITA would I need the ECA for by 3 yaer graduation or even for Job oppurtunities my PGBBM ECA will be good along with all work experience letters .Basically,would I need to get a ECA later ,if so might as well do at thsi stage.Thanks for the help.
Well, yes. For other purposes it is definitely a good idea to get an ECA, but for EE, if your score is already high enough there is no point.

regards