+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
Hello!

I am not quite understanding about ECA. I am applying PR under CEC.

I took just 1 semester in the university outside of Canada. I wanted my information to be as accurate as possible, so I included that in my Express Entry profile. I clearly indicated that I did not receive any certificate nor degree for this. I also indicated that I didn't get ECA. I don't think it had any impact in terms of my Express Entry points, but I want to make sure if ECA is mandatory for every education outside of Canada even if the degree or diploma wasn't earned.

Please let me know and thank you for all your help! :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
1) ECA is not mandatory for CEC class.

2) No ECA is reuired for any degree/diploma earned in Canada (you have to provide a copy of the diploma and transcripts instead).

3) ECA is mandatory to get points for foreign education. However, if your highest degree was earned in Canada (e.g. Masters degree), you will get points for that without the ECA, so there is no need to get the ECA for a lower degree/diploma earned outside of Canada.

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
Wow that was very clear explanation. You are a life saver! Thank you very much!

I did receive a college diploma in Canada and that is my highest education. I guess then I have nothing to worry about ECA. Right? :)