+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA

skabli

Jul 18, 2014
Hello guys, Please help me out, m in a situation right now. While applying for an ECA for FSWP canada(2014) I saw that WES doesnot have my university( amity university, NOIDA)in their so called free degree equivalence software. So I went ahead and emailed the other two agencies whether they recognise the my institution (ICAS and the one from university of toronto). I received a generic reply saying that they would only be able to answer these questions once you enrol for the assessment thru their agency. So while checking and scrolling thru the wes website I found a link which had list of contact information for all the universities in India (that are duly recognised by the Indian agencies) I found my university's name. So I went ahead and got enrolled with wes but today I received their mail saying that they don't recognise my institution. My institution is recognised by ugc, by united nations, it is a member of commonwealth universities, and many other agencies. I am in a fix right now I don't no whether I should go with other institutions, I feel that they may again just tell that we don't recognise ur university. Please help, have emailed the wes people but I don't think they would do anything about it, as I again received a generic reply saying that they would review it. Has anybody found a way to make these agencies recognise an institution. Any help would be appreciated

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
skabli said:
Hello guys, Please help me out, m in a situation right now. While applying for an ECA for FSWP canada(2014) I saw that WES doesnot have my university( amity university, NOIDA)in their so called free degree equivalence software. So I went ahead and emailed the other two agencies whether they recognise the my institution (ICAS and the one from university of toronto). I received a generic reply saying that they would only be able to answer these questions once you enrol for the assessment thru their agency. So while checking and scrolling thru the wes website I found a link which had list of contact information for all the universities in India (that are duly recognised by the Indian agencies) I found my university's name. So I went ahead and got enrolled with wes but today I received their mail saying that they don't recognise my institution. My institution is recognised by ugc, by united nations, it is a member of commonwealth universities, and many other agencies. I am in a fix right now I don't no whether I should go with other institutions, I feel that they may again just tell that we don't recognise ur university. Please help, have emailed the wes people but I don't think they would do anything about it, as I again received a generic reply saying that they would review it. Has anybody found a way to make these agencies recognise an institution. Any help would be appreciated
Sorry to hear that.

If WES does not recognize it nobody can make them recognize it. Its a common dilemma with these private institutions.

What does your ECA Report state for equivalency ?

You may try to give ICAS a shot if money is not too much of a bother at the moment.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
skabli said:
They state that the degree is from an institution that is not recognised. That's it
If that is the case then in all probability you will not qualify for FSW.

Refer the following thread for more info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-assessment-evaluation-t149367.0.html

You may want to post this in the FSW 2014 timeline for more feedbacks.

ipskhroud

Jul 31, 2014
HI, I am also a passout from AMITY UNIV Noida, and was planning to get my credentials evaluated. Just read your post and would like to know about the current status " u gt some way to get out from this fix", at Univ is UGC and AICTE recognized and still this is happening.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ipskhroud said:
HI, I am also a passout from AMITY UNIV Noida, and was planning to get my credentials evaluated. Just read your post and would like to know about the current status " u gt some way to get out from this fix", at Univ is UGC and AICTE recognized and still this is happening.
As the OP said he had to go through WES first hand to find out his credentials evaluation results.

You may have to do the same - could be from WES or ICAS. Your choice.

skabli

Jul 18, 2014
WES did recognise the degree after I sent it for a review along with a letter from the registrar's ofc indicating all the agencies that have recognised amity

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
skabli said:
WES did recognise the degree after I sent it for a review along with a letter from the registrar's ofc indicating all the agencies that have recognised amity
Thats useful info for all the Amity Guys here!

canadavisa1986

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
Aor1: 31st may 2016
File Transfer...
AOR2/ File transferred to NDVO: July 18th 2016
Med's Done....
upfront in Jan 2016
Interview........
BG check in progress: 10th dec 2016/ DM on 15th Dec 2016
skabli said:
Hi Skabli,

thank you for the post I just saw it and it really gives me hope.

I am a 2009 engg graduate from AMITY uNIVERSITY NOida and i got my credentials evaluated from WES, I have received my reports on 1st aug 2014 stating canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized institution" i have appealed for re-evaluation but i dint accompany it with any registrar's office letter.

I need ur assistance, would really appreciate if we can get in touch over phone or something so that you can guide me how to go about it. my email id is: "nitinraghav@yahoo.com" kindly email me your phone number if thats ok with you. thanks a lot

harshdsi

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with Documents
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
Interview........
Waved off
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello

I am Harshdeep, I saw your thread regarding the amity university and looks like the wes have recognised your amity degree..

Actually I also did masters from amity 2007 2009 batch and have applied for wes ..I am waiting for the result which should come in next 15 days..can you please tell me from where did you got the letter and how did u shared it with wes ??

Please email me at harshdsi @ me dot com..
Can you please call me at 9911111488

GKumar26

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Hi All

I have also done by Masters (MBA) from Amity university and was going to apply to Wes and came across your post. Could you please share from where did you get the letter from the registrar .

Would really help everybody here.

Thanks !!

GKumar26

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Hi All

Any updates... did WES recognize Amity university (if copy of the registrar is not attached) ??

Still in doubt !!!

GKumar26

Jul 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Hi All,

It is quite easy to get the Letter from the registrar from amity university. Go to Registrar Office, 1st Floor , E2 Block (Amity University , sec- 125, noida). Ask them to give you a letter which says that Amity university is recognized. they will issue u a letter in Just 5 Min. i got one for my self on Friday ;D :eek:..

debanjanghosal

Aug 25, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Sorry guys, Amity University is not recognized as a legitimate university in many countries.
German judicial authorities have issued arrest warrants against the directors of this university, Ashok Kumar Chauhan and Arun Kumar Chauhan, pressing fraud charges. There is red corner notices against these directors with Interpol as well.
I have a relative facing the same plight as many of you. If you have any degree other than from Amity University, you can try to get an ECA for that. Hope it helps.