+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - WES

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,

First and foremost, thankyou for reading up my query and taking out some precious time to answer it.

After couple of months of scrolling up and down, myself and my husband have decided to go without any consultants and do the Canada PR application ourselves.

With all the reasearch we have started our IELTS preparation. Simultaneously we are working on getting our ECA through WES-Canada.

So what all documents are required for the ECA? Have gone through the WES website and learned that, there are 'SPECIFC' documents which are must to be delievered for an assessment to take place.

Which year marksheet, transcripts, provisonal, degree is required and which one from college/ which one from University?

Our academic background is as follows;

Myself :
1) MBA in hospital administration from D.Y.Patil University Navi Mumbai.
2) P.G DMLT from Maharashtra University of Health Science.
3) B.Sc. from Mumbai University.

My husband :
1)B.Sc in nautical science (distance learning program) from IGNOU.
2) Advanced diploma in nautical science (distance learning program) from IGNOU.
3) Diploma in nautical science (full time) from IGNOU.

Appreciate your help.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Not sure what you mean by year for certificate....
Transcript is a document which shows ur all years of education...and to get it you need to contact ur University which awarded particular degree of education.... They can either directly mail to Wes or u can get it and send it to Wes (make sure it's sealed and stamped..you shud not open it)

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
Tha
Not sure what you mean by year for certificate....
Transcript is a document which shows ur all years of education...and to get it you need to contact ur University which awarded particular degree of education.... They can either directly mail to Wes or u can get it and send it to Wes (make sure it's sealed and stamped..you shud not open it)
Thankyou!
The query still stands the same.
Appreciate your reply tho.

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
then not sure what was the exact query...
can you rephrase your query or queries point to point so people can understand better to reply?
Surley can do that.

Rephrasing the query for better understanding,

1) What all documents needs to be send for MBA in hospital administration from D.Y.Patil University Navi Mumbai, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of MBA - 24 months)

2) What all documents needs to be send for P.G DMLT from Maharashtra University of Health Science, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of DMLT - 18 months)

3) What all documents needs to be send for B.Sc. from Mumbai University, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of B.Sc - 36 months)

4) What all documents needs to be send for B.Sc from IGNOU, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of B.Sc- 36 months)

TIA.

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
Surley can do that.

Rephrasing the query for better understanding,

1) What all documents needs to be send for MBA in hospital administration from D.Y.Patil University Navi Mumbai, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of MBA - 24 months)

2) What all documents needs to be send for P.G DMLT from Maharashtra University of Health Science, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of DMLT - 18 months)

3) What all documents needs to be send for B.Sc. from Mumbai University, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of B.Sc - 36 months)

4) What all documents needs to be send for B.Sc from IGNOU, to get my ECA through WES, Canada? (Duration of B.Sc- 36 months)

TIA.
@desmat.
Is the query better understood now?
Hope, it is.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
@desmat.
Is the query better understood now?
Hope, it is.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
TIA.
You need to submit sealed transcript from university and final degree certificate for each education you want to get evaluated.

The perfect solution is to create a account on WES Canada website and add your education there and it will show you exact documents you need to submit.
You do not pay for this step.. Payment is required at the last step only after creating account. so you can still create account without any payment.
Also check your each of degree's equivalency in WES equivalency tool. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Ideally you get highest points for Masters equivalent degree.. But for India they sometimes ask even documents for Bachelors.

So submit both Masters and Bachelors documents.
and as i said documents for each means SEALED TRANSCRIPT from university and FINAL DEGREE certificate.

let me know if any more doubts.. but before asking check documents by creating account on WES CA and after checking equivalency tool.

You have to create separate accounts for you and your spouse.. WES charges separately for wife and husband as it evaluates separately and provides separate ECA..
Also, when you create accounts and when you will be adding education there you will come to know if WES will evaluate your education or not as your university name (especially for distance) will apear there if they evaluate otherwise university name will not appear in the drop down when you type there

Reactions: Simkash

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018
You need to submit sealed transcript from university and final degree certificate for each education you want to get evaluated.

The perfect solution is to create a account on WES Canada website and add your education there and it will show you exact documents you need to submit.
You do not pay for this step.. Payment is required at the last step only after creating account. so you can still create account without any payment.
Also check your each of degree's equivalency in WES equivalency tool. https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Ideally you get highest points for Masters equivalent degree.. But for India they sometimes ask even documents for Bachelors.

and as i said documents for each means SEALED TRANSCRIPT from university and FINAL DEGREE certificate.

let me know if any more doubts.. but before asking check documents by creating account on WES CA and after checking equivalency tool.

You have to create separate accounts for you and your spouse.. WES charges separately for wife and husband as it evaluates separately and provides separate ECA..
Also, when you create accounts and when you will be adding education there you will come to know if WES will evaluate your education or not as your university name (especially for distance) will apear there if they evaluate otherwise university name will not appear in the drop down when you type there
Once I have done the above shall get back to you. Thanks a ton for the prompt reply.

Reactions: desmat
May 3, 2018
Hello members.

I have completed masters from Australia which the combination of two universities.
1st semester from Fed. uni and remaining three from USQ and USQ offered me a degree certificate. The transcript which the USQ going to provide me says exemption throughout the 1st semester because I have done 1st sem from Fed. uni.

Now my question is that
1.How am I going to demonstrate that have complete 2 years of master equivalency or it does not depend on the how many subjects in the degree?

2. Do I need to send the transcripts from both the uni to WES?

3.Do I have to create two separate credentials in WES application for both the university or just one for in the name of my USQ?

Thanks

Simkash

Apr 21, 2018

Hello @desmat.
I followed your advice and made a profile on WES, as mentioned to you it gave me a very good idea of the documents required for our various educational qualifications.

Appreciate your unconditional guidance.
Thankyou!

Reactions: desmat