+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA-WES queries

rr_2017

Jan 12, 2017
I am trying to create a ECA application in the WES website. I have a Bachelors of Engineering degree with 4 years of study and Masters in Engineering degree with 2 years of study. Whether should I get assessed both the degrees for my Express Entry profile or Masters degree alone is enough.

My spouse who has a Master of Computer Science and Applications 5 year integrated degree will this be considered as Masters degree or Bachelors degree.

Kindly the clarify the above it would be helpful for me.

Thanks for all your help and support.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Rather have all your degrees assessed as the fee for 1 degree or all degrees is the same.

I know you would not like unsolicited advise but I want to give you some. Please do not use WES. I have been waiting since ages for my WES evaluation as that is preventing me from entering the pool. Consider other companies.

greengoo5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rr_2017 said:
I am trying to create a ECA application in the WES website. I have a Bachelors of Engineering degree with 4 years of study and Masters in Engineering degree with 2 years of study. Whether should I get assessed both the degrees for my Express Entry profile or Masters degree alone is enough.

My spouse who has a Master of Computer Science and Applications 5 year integrated degree will this be considered as Masters degree or Bachelors degree.

Kindly the clarify the above it would be helpful for me.

Thanks for all your help and support.
You need to get both of your degrees assessed.

The eligibility will be decided by WES for your spouse. You can always try the degree equivalency tool to find out.

rr_2017

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for all your inputs greengoo5 and xpressentry. It is really helpful. xpressentry if it is fine, please share me how much time you have been waiting for WES evaluation based on that I could decide further. Thanks for taking time and responding me.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The websites states 20 business days. They took 3 weeks from documents received - review in progress to change to evaluation in progress. Evaluation in progress has been stuck since 5 weeks. Still no sight of completion. When I email them, I get a generic non helpful reply after a week. When I call, I end up hanging up after waiting for over 30 mins.

rr_2017

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the detailed response. All our Degrees are from Indian universities, since WES is already familiar with Indian universities we chose it. Any suggestions which of the following will be more suitable for us.
Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
International Qualifications Assessment Service and
International Credential Evaluation Service.

Thanks for your help and support.

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
rr_2017 said:
Thanks for the detailed response. All our Degrees are from Indian universities, since WES is already familiar with Indian universities we chose it. Any suggestions which of the following will be more suitable for us.
Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
International Qualifications Assessment Service and
International Credential Evaluation Service.

Thanks for your help and support.
As I read on this forum, most people apply to WES. However some say that IQAS is better (no clue why!)

I personally got it done from WES and it took 3 weeks, from sending them documents from India to receiving report. I got id done for my BTech and PGDBM

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Your spouse degree will be considered as masters degree. I have the same degree.

Please avoid Wes at all costs, if you really want your report quick. They take a lot of time. Average is 45 days from documents delivery to soft copy of the report. Some people get it earlier, but most don't. The 20 day Sla they mention is absolute sham as it starts from the date they change the status to evaluation in progress. To change to that status from receiving the transcript, they take 3 weeks minimum.

I have heard that iqas has 10 day sla for evaluation. The only drawback with them is that you don't get a softcopy of report, but that should be as you save a lot of time in evaluation itself.

coolsourav21

Dec 14, 2016
SidhuZ said:
As I read on this forum, most people apply to WES. However some say that IQAS is better (no clue why!)

I personally got it done from WES and it took 3 weeks, from sending them documents from India to receiving report. I got id done for my BTech and PGDBM
1. what additional documents did you send along with PGDM to get Master's equivalence??
2. also did you send BTech and PGDM degrees together or as 2 separate mail documents

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
coolsourav21 said:
1. what additional documents did you send along with PGDM to get Master's equivalence??
2. also did you send BTech and PGDM degrees together or as 2 separate mail documents
My PGDM was equated as Bachelors. So I have Two Bachelor's degrees as per WES.
I sent the sealed envelopes for both BTech and PGDM together in one DHL packet

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
SidhuZ said:
My PGDM was equated as Bachelors. So I have Two Bachelor's degrees as per WES.
I sent the sealed envelopes for both BTech and PGDM together in one DHL packet
Thats exactly why IQAS or CES is better. They will call a PGDM a PGDM not some random thing like bachelors. WES is known to mess up evaluations.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I am calling WES now. Its 9:45 am on a Monday. Their call center is still closed though their message says that they operate from Monday to Friday - 9 am to 2pm. If a company are not even efficient to open their call center on time, how can anyone trust them with right evaluations! They were OK a few years back and hence many go to them but they are flooded with business now that they constantly short change candidates with wrong evaluations!

raviG

Dec 28, 2016
Bangalore (India)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in similar situation. I had sent my documents on 7th Jan and they received on 10th Jan. Still no update in the status. Currently status is showing "Waiting for required documents". I did send an email using their contact form, but no reply till now.

Today i tried to call, as johnsyk also experienced the same. I called them 11.30 AM EST, still same voice based answer to back during 9AM-2pm throughout weekdays. I am frustrated with WES service. Is there any alternative phone number or way to contact them ?

rr_2017

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for all your suggestions. After the online application is submitted, whether any time limit is there to send transcipts from the university.(IQAS/WES)
If anybody has done evaluation with IQAS please share your timelines for the process it would be helpful for me.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a problem with my wife's eca assessment. She did 3 years bachelor's and 2 year master's in microbiology but assessment cam back as 4 year bachelor's and 1 year post graduate diploma. If entered the same in ee.. it's only giving me 8 points for her education. It's not even greater as 2 bachelor's or certificates. I thought I could get 9 points.
Please help me!