+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA-WES queries

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
I couldn't agree more about WES.

My application is also stuck. They received the documents on 13th Dec. It's been more than a month now and no change in status. Still says " Evaluation in Progress"

I have missed last draw because of this. My score is 462 :(

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You will get it in a weeks time. They usually take a max of 5 weeks. You will get an ITA on Jan 25th. :)

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Please is it really necessary to get all your degrees verified especially since you can only claim points for one? I have an MBBS and a PhD but only got my PhD verified by WES, partly cos I didn't know they could also verify medical degree but even if they do, I still cannot work in Canada as a medical doctor without taking the licensing exams. I applied as a scientist, and though I will be uploading all my degrees, I only got the PhD verified by WES. Would that be a problem?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
The highest degree is enough. Many from India get Bachelors and Masters evaluated since WES does not give Masters equivalent for all masters and hence doing both evaluations helps you choose 2 or more. In my case, my masters was evaluated as Masters since it was from the UK and according to CIC, only the highest needs to be evaluated. I did not send my Bachelors for ECA.

However at some point, if you want to practice medicine and want to get it licensed etc, I am sure you will need an ECA for that. However for immigration, the highest is good enough if your PHD got evaluated as a PHD by WES.

URVASHISURESH

Oct 28, 2015
I have done my Bachelors (B.Sc) from Kanpur University (B grade university according to NAAC) and Masters in Finance & Control from Banaras Hindu University (BHU - A grade as per NAAC).

Date on the B.Sc transcript is 10-8-2016 and that on Masters transcript is 25-2-2016. Can I still go ahead for WES evaluation?

Also, what will be my equivalency as per WES?

Is there any other option for evaluation other than WES where I can be rated higher?

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
johnsyk said:
The highest degree is enough. Many from India get Bachelors and Masters evaluated since WES does not give Masters equivalent for all masters and hence doing both evaluations helps you choose 2 or more. In my case, my masters was evaluated as Masters since it was from the UK and according to CIC, only the highest needs to be evaluated. I did not send my Bachelors for ECA.

However at some point, if you want to practice medicine and want to get it licensed etc, I am sure you will need an ECA for that. However for immigration, the highest is good enough if your PHD got evaluated as a PHD by WES.
Thank you very much, I got my PhD from Singapore and WES evaluated is as PhD. The PhD has more points than MBBS so I figured I should use that. I agree that if I want to practice I would have to get it evaluated and take the licensing exam, so I will wait to see if I do get the PR then it may make sense to do that. Thanks a lot.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
URVASHISURESH said:
I have done my Bachelors (B.Sc) from Kanpur University (B grade university according to NAAC) and Masters in Finance & Control from Banaras Hindu University (BHU - A grade as per NAAC).

Date on the B.Sc transcript is 10-8-2016 and that on Masters transcript is 25-2-2016. Can I still go ahead for WES evaluation?

Also, what will be my equivalency as per WES?

Is there any other option for evaluation other than WES where I can be rated higher?
Yes, transcript dates dont matter as long as its after your finished your course.
WES has an online equivalency checker. Please use that and check the likely ECA they might give you.
There are other options like IQAS and CES but there is no guarantee that they will give higher or lower than WES. It is on a case to case basis.
Some people are happy with WES. Others are unhappy. The unhappy ones sometimes try another evaluation organisation. It all depends. As I said, its a chance to take and no guarantee what you will get in the end.

As I said before, try the online WES equivalency checker. Also, the transcripts you send have to be sealed from university. IF its opened, its invalid and will be rejected.

satheeshK

Mar 21, 2018
Hi.

I did my B.E - Full time and MBA - Part time courses. If I send both the certificate to WES for assessment, there is any chance to get "Masters Degree" equivalent ?

Does WES accepts Part time MBA and consider as master degree as per WES equivalence?