VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ECA = educational credentials assessment

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

COQ - is for skilled trades only -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=743&top=29

"Skilled Trades currently eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these major and minor groups of the NOC:

Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Abk777 said:
What is the difference between ECA and certificate of qualification?
Adding to what jes_ON has mentioned, ECA is an assessment of your educational qualifications/certificates which were issued by your school/college/university. Certificate of Qualification is a document issued by the body that governs trades in a Canadian province or territory. It proves that a person is qualified to work in a certain skilled trade. This means that they have passed a certification exam and meet all the requirements to practice their trade in that province or territory. Depending on the province, this certificate may be called a “certificate of qualification” or a “qualification certificate.”

Abk777

May 11, 2016
so if i work in retail industry (NOC6222) how can i get my certificate of qualification or is it limited to certain trades only? and if i reside outside canada how can i get the qualification certificate?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No certificate of qualification for you. Again, it is for skilled trades only.

swati.kath05

May 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me with ECA procedure, confused in sealed transcript and mark sheets requirements.

I applied for a sealed transcript and my university has sent me a single page which includes of all the subjects (Semester wise) and grades I got in my Engg. duration.

Is that single transcript copy enough to be sent across or I have to get all the mark-sheets attested as well.

All the mark sheets already contains my university and college details. Undecided

Thanks for your response.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
swati.kath05 said:
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me with ECA procedure, confused in sealed transcript and mark sheets requirements.

I applied for a sealed transcript and my university has sent me a single page which includes of all the subjects (Semester wise) and grades I got in my Engg. duration.

Is that single transcript copy enough to be sent across or I have to get all the mark-sheets attested as well.

All the mark sheets already contains my university and college details. Undecided

Thanks for your response.
Replied to your same post on the other thread.

khalil ahmed

Jul 26, 2016
I am working as an electrical engineer. How can i get my certificate of qualification?
I am currently residing outside canada

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
khalil ahmed said:
I am working as an electrical engineer. How can i get my certificate of qualification?
You can't - EE is not a "trade." the NOC is 2133 -
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=electrical%20engineer

Electrician (NOC 7241) IS a trade.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=7&val1=7241&val65=electrician

Many people in the trades do not go to university, so do not get the points for education that other skilled workers get. The points for the COQ for tradespeople is one way to compensate.

You, on the other hand, will get a lot of points for your education.

If you happen to also be an electrician who completed an apprenticeship program, then you might also be eligible for the COQ points.

Anish40

Apr 2, 2018
Heys Guys,

What are the chances of getting a certificate of qualification in cook with 2 years of study ( Cert 3 and 4 in commercial cookery and diploma in Hospitality management all in Perth assuming I get ECA from this qualification) and 2 years of experience almost (2500 hours paid work).

I am actually planning to come to study in Canada in the same field so I am assuming to gain maybe an extra experience.

Kind regards,
Tarun

jyothivattem

Apr 10, 2018
i am a tool and die maker from India, willing to apply for express entry. I would like to know whether WES does ECA for skilled trade like mine? and do i need certificate of qualification to enter the pool? how to get certificate of qualification?