+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA through WES and time validity of WES reference number

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

My wife & I,are finally going to apply for our ECA through WES. As always,wanted your valuable advice/suggestions regarding some last minute confusions.

1) The first step would be to register to WES website and ECA service. As I understand,as we do that we would be given a reference no.
As my wife would be going ahead with application for her University Transcripts,which may take another 20-25 days' time, I would like to know whether there is any time limit as to how long this WES reference no would remain valid.

2) After getting the WES reference no, she would apply for the transcripts for both her Bachelor and Master degrees. On receipt of the sealed envelops, she would write the WES reference no on the top of the sealed envelops and put both the envelops inside another bigger envelop,with WES ref no written on it. Is this the right process?

3) Every university has got its own system of giving transcripts. If we give them the photocopies of the mark sheets and degree certificates, they would either get them signed n stamped or get new copies with proper seal and stamps and put inside an envelop,stamp and seal that. Is this okay?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

vipulgoyal88

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Hi Sourav,

1. you dont need to get an ECA reference number first. You can obtain the transcripts, fill the form online on WES, get the reference no instantly and then use it.
2. I and my brother got our ECA done. We put documents of both our bachelors and masters separately, quoted our WES reference nos and then put both the envelopes in one bigger envelope and quoted both the reference nos on the bigger envelope.
3. You just apply to the university saying you need the transcripts in a sealed envelope and follow the process they suggest. Leave it to them what they give you in the sealed envelope. they normally know what they need to do...

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks Vipul for the information.

Well, I have already got the Transcripts against my BE degree (from Nagpur university),in their prescribed format. However,while applying for the transcripts I had to mention an arbitrary institute address on the envelop (as the Univ insisted to write an institution name).
Now,can I put an address label on the address space of the envelop and write the address of WES on that? Do you think that it would create any problem?

Do you have any idea about whether WES reference no has got any time validity or not?

Lastly,you might have received a single WES reference number after registering to WES. Did you mention the same on the envelops containing transcripts of Bachelors n Masters degrees and the bigger envelop? Do we have to write to include any covering letter so as to enable WES to identify which envelop contains transcripts of Bachelors and that of Masters?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
info4sourav said:
Thanks Vipul for the information.

Well, I have already got the Transcripts against my BE degree (from Nagpur university),in their prescribed format. However,while applying for the transcripts I had to mention an arbitrary institute address on the envelop (as the Univ insisted to write an institution name).
Now,can I put an address label on the address space of the envelop and write the address of WES on that? Do you think that it would create any problem?

Not a problem.

Do you have any idea about whether WES reference no has got any time validity or not?

No such validity mentioned. I imagine it will last a few months at least and I presume you don't need more time than that to arrange for the documents at your end.

Lastly,you might have received a single WES reference number after registering to WES. Did you mention the same on the envelops containing transcripts of Bachelors n Masters degrees and the bigger envelop? Do we have to write to include any covering letter so as to enable WES to identify which envelop contains transcripts of Bachelors and that of Masters?

No covering letter needed. If the larger envelope contains Bachelors and Masters transcripts and WES is expecting both from your end (because that's how you've registered it on their profile), they will process it accordingly at their end.

Thanks & regards,

Sourav