+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA summery Bachelor's Four Years but credential analysis has two years of diploma

kubectl

Sep 14, 2021
I got my ECA report as following

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY

Bachelor's degree (four years).

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 - Canadian Equivalency : College-level certificate (one year)
2 - Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (Two years)
3 - Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's degree (four years)

I'm confused about the summery as I already have two years of diploma. I was hoping for Diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years) as the summery.

Here's my degree path.

Year 1 - Diploma in Computer Science
Year 2 - Higher National Diploma in Computer Science
Year 3 - UK TopUp degree BSc (Hons)in Computer Science (120 Credits) - Stage 2
Year 4 - UK TopUp degree BSc (Hons)in Computer Science (120 Credits) - Stage 3

Will I be eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" category when I create my EE profile?

Thanks in advance.

kubectl

Sep 14, 2021
No, the summary will specify "Completion of a xxxxx and xxxxx" if you are eligible for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Thank you. But it says under Credential Analysis section I have Diploma (Two years) + College-level certificate (One year). Also I have seen some says this is eligible. Should I contact WES about this to check if they've made a mistake?

Please check this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/

quelash13

Mar 4, 2019
Singapore
Thank you. But it says under Credential Analysis section I have Diploma (Two years) + College-level certificate (One year). Also I have seen some says this is eligible. Should I contact WES about this to check if they've made a mistake?

Please check this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/
I think you need to contact WES, to see if they can re-evaluate your summary to state Completion of xxx AND xxx. You have to follow what's in your Summary when doing your selection.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think you need to contact WES, to see if they can re-evaluate your summary to state Completion of xxx AND xxx. You have to follow what's in your Summary when doing your selection.
Agree. Right now for your profile, you can only count equivalency to 4 year degree/bachelor Degree.

Reactions: kubectl

kubectl

Sep 14, 2021
So according to these academics it should be Completion of xxx AND xxx right?

kubectl

Sep 14, 2021
So according to these academics it should be Completion of xxx AND xxx right?
Hi Guys, Today I got my updated WES. It says like this

Heading : Educational Credential Assessment for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : College-level certificate (one year), diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

So am I eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys, Today I got my updated WES. It says like this

Heading : Educational Credential Assessment for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : College-level certificate (one year), diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

So am I eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" ?
Yes you can count two or more.