+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years)

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This will be useful to anyone who is looking for clarity on whether BIMTECH (Birla Institute of Management Technology) is recognized as Master's in ECA.

I completed my PGDM from BIMTECH in 2011, and this was recognized by WES as equivalent to Canadian Master's. I am pretty convinced that they are going by AICTE recognition. So if you are from BIMTECH, check if your particular course is AICTE approved for the year in which you graduated.

Cheers!

ahmdjunaid

Jan 12, 2018
Dear Friends,

Can any one of you kindly confirm if you have selected "Two or more Degrees" and have applied and subsequently received PR with a similar ECA report like mine, mentioned below?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration
Year: 2008
Awarded by: North South University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Finance and Accounting

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2012
Awarded by: North South University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Business Administration

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanking you very much in advance for your kind response.

This is an old thread I am resurrecting.
phoenix1985, I am in the same situation with my ECA as you were. I am also from Bangladesh but from SUST.
Could you please share your experience with me. What you choose at the end? "Two or more Degrees"?
Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

xflipp

Jul 31, 2018
I am suffering from same problem. I am lawyer by profession and i am licensed to practice. Though cic site says that law is to be considered as professional degree. Wes assessed me as bachelor's four years.
I am losing 40 points because of this.
I have written to wes and they are reviewing my assessment. I would request you to do the same. Fill the form on their site and they will revert.
Same here with me. Can anyone tell us how we proceeded to update the information in Express Entry profile status? Will we consider first professional degree or that it is written in the WES (Bachelor's degree)? Or another suggestion?

Major/Specialization: Law
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Thank you!

CK2485

Jun 16, 2018
I am suffering from same problem. I am lawyer by profession and i am licensed to practice. Though cic site says that law is to be considered as professional degree. Wes assessed me as bachelor's four years.
I am losing 40 points because of this.
I have written to wes and they are reviewing my assessment. I would request you to do the same. Fill the form on their site and they will revert.
Hi Gurpreet,
Hope you are doing good and now you are in Canada!!

I am in same situation like you are, coild you please let me know how did you proceed with EE and were you successful? Looking forward to your reply.

KR
Chaitanya

sh_255

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
This will be useful to anyone who is looking for clarity on whether BIMTECH (Birla Institute of Management Technology) is recognized as Master's in ECA.

I completed my PGDM from BIMTECH in 2011, and this was recognized by WES as equivalent to Canadian Master's. I am pretty convinced that they are going by AICTE recognition. So if you are from BIMTECH, check if your particular course is AICTE approved for the year in which you graduated.

Cheers!
Hi,

Can you help me with "Institution Type" for BIMTECH? I have done PGDM (Insurance Business) and passed out in 2013 and whether it is recognized as Master's in ECA by WES.

Thank you

Ayesha aamir

Mar 8, 2020
Yes, WES charged me for updating the summary. As Stanlee mention apply for revision at the earliest.

I was charged by CAD 30+ Tax

Thank you
Can you plz guide me how can i contact them for summary revision as they g e me 3 years bachelors for my 4 years hons degree and 3 years masters to 4 four year bachelors
How you have applied as i have recieved my 4 years bs hons degree evsluation as 3 years and 3 years masters degree as 4 year bachelors