+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report: Two or more diploma or degree option

zenithnettle

Sep 14, 2017
Actually right now I am 35 and I have a bachelor's degree. My points stand at 413. My birth date is in January. And If I start a course say in 2019 January, I will be completing the course by next Dec-Jan, by which I would have lost 5+5 points, bringing my score to 403. I am hoping to get a 30 point hike with the 'Two or more certificate' option which brings it to 433 (but only if I actually get 30 points; if less then I am screwed) :-(
HI I am in the same situation as you are. My MBA from symbiosis didn't get recogniz. My MBA has been given Canadian equivalency of Two years of post secondary study from a non recognized institution. The summary says only bachelor's degree of 4 years. Now I am left with no option but to appear for any diploma or certificate. Could you please let me know which college in Canada are you applying. Most of the universities I contacted, have denied saying gap is more than 10 years of education. Though I have work ex for these 10 years. Or is there any 1 year certificate I can appear for in India to get points. Please help

zenithnettle

Sep 14, 2017
My evaluation for Post Graduate Certificate is pending :) I have already got my Bachelor's evaluated. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping I qualify for two or more certificates :)
What certificate you appeared for. I am also thinking to go for one year PG certificate

slackvillains

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
HI I am in the same situation as you are. My MBA from symbiosis didn't get recogniz. My MBA has been given Canadian equivalency of Two years of post secondary study from a non recognized institution. The summary says only bachelor's degree of 4 years. Now I am left with no option but to appear for any diploma or certificate. Could you please let me know which college in Canada are you applying. Most of the universities I contacted, have denied saying gap is more than 10 years of education. Though I have work ex for these 10 years. Or is there any 1 year certificate I can appear for in India to get points. Please help
if you want to do it in India, long distance works too. IGNOU is one of the most common choices. But my suggestion is go through WES evaluation tool, take done the list of universities they accept for evaluation and choose the university thats most accessible to you. Atleast thats what i did!

YPW

Oct 14, 2018
So according to the above logic I would be eligible for two or degree or certification points when I complete my 6 months post graduate certification correct ?

I already have a 4 year degree

slackvillains

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Minimum du
So according to the above logic I would be eligible for two or degree or certification points when I complete my 6 months post graduate certification correct ?

Minimum acceptable duration is an year

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Some 6 month courses are also evaluated as one year programs. Depends on the program and university. But yes norm is 1 year.

YPW

Oct 14, 2018
Some 6 month courses are also evaluated as one year programs. Depends on the program and university. But yes norm is 1 year.
Is there a way to identify the university . I'm doing a msc in big data granted by Robert gordan university Scotland

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is there a way to identify the university . I'm doing a msc in big data granted by Robert gordan university Scotland
Unfortunately, there is no way to identify them. My PG Certificate from Scotland was 6 months program and was considered as 1 year Canadian Diploma.

I know someone who completed a 3 month Business Administration program from Australian Institute, don't remember the name which one and it was considered as 1 year College Certificate.

Reactions: YPW

YPW

Oct 14, 2018
Unfortunately, there is no way to identify them. My PG Certificate from Scotland was 6 months program and was considered as 1 year Canadian Diploma.

I know someone who completed a 3 month Business Administration program from Australian Institute, don't remember the name which one and it was considered as 1 year College Certificate.
Thanks for the information.

engrfaizan

Sep 24, 2018
Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding the education details to be provided. In my Wes report it shows:

Summary: Bachelors Degree 4 Year

1. Secondary School Diploma and Diploma 2 Years
2. Bachelors Degree 4 Year

In CIC website These are the sections mentioned

Express Entry education factor

University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
University degree at the Master’s level
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

When u Open Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees section, it shows

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

The highlighted sentence mentions any degree or diploma Plus any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

So the sections below are

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

So not including secondary school / high school diploma

and then they have Put an OR for the list of items they gave below it like

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bache ..............................

So my diploma comes under the section

College Diploma
College Diploma (two years)
Diploma (two years)
Two-year diploma
Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Associate Degree
Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year associate degree

So IMO i think i can select two or more degree or diploma option. Please put your thoughts on this please.....
Hi.. I need your help brother. I have a 4 years Bachelors degree in Engineering and it is also equivalent to 4 years bachelors degree in Canada. Now, I want to improve my CRS points by earning another degree. So, if i do some diploma course of 6-12 months like CSCP( Certified Supply Chain Professional) or Diploma in Quality Management or Diploma in Project Management, will they be considered as my second degree/ diploma? Kindly note, by doing such courses I will be awarded a certificate.

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Hi all,
I have an engineering Bachelor's and PG Cert from Heriot-Watt University (4 modules) which were evaluted as a Canadian equievancy Bachelor Degree. However, what IRCC webiste says is different as:

Three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree plus a one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline] = Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html.

Can anyone give advise what I should be done to ensure that those credentials are counted as two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

Many Thanks

mstasfin

Oct 25, 2018
You are an absolute treat to talk to... :):):)
I will certainly consider all these when i choose the course/institution.
Thanks a ton.
I have completed my Bachelor - 4 yrs and MBA - 2 yrs from outside Canada. Should I get points for both of them individually if they are recognized by IQAS as canadian equivalent Bachelor and masters. Or should I get only points for Masters as per the CRS tool?

Thanks in advance