+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report: Two or more diploma or degree option

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hello guys, I need help..

I have done Bachelors of Commerce (2 years) and then Masters in Business Administration (3 years). Is my level of education applicable to "Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?
I guess you will easily qualify for two degrees and more. Or may be you can qualify for masters

bradshaw

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
Hi Friends ,

I have :

1 . B.tech degree from India ( Wes evaluation : 4 years degree)

2 . Ontario Graduate Certificate ( 2 year post gradaute course)

can i select Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Friends ,

I have :

1 . B.tech degree from India ( Wes evaluation : 4 years degree)

2 . Ontario Graduate Certificate ( 2 year post gradaute course)

can i select Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?
you're gonna add them one by one with their relative ECAs , the system will automatically calculate it accordingly but i guess yeah it might count as such

Reactions: bradshaw

bradshaw

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
you're gonna add them one by one with their relative ECAs , the system will automatically calculate it accordingly but i guess yeah it might count as such
But for studies inside Canada i dont have to do ECA right ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
But for studies inside Canada i dont have to do ECA right ?
then you add it as is. not the point, the point is you won't "choose" 2 degrees or more you add them one by one. get your ECA done and when you create your profile you'll see

Reactions: bradshaw

Osama005

Jun 25, 2018
Hi

I have completed qualification from institute of chartered accountants of pakistan which is considered as bachelors 3 or more years by wes. Now i want to make this 2 or more certificate. In order to do that i am considering obtaining full exemptions from a certification named as pakistan institute of public finance accountant (which is 2 year certification). will these both certification combined will be assessed by wes as 2 or more certificate?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Bharati Vidyapeeth
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Can i select Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more" ?

Do share your inputs, thanks in advance.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
Hi All,

I have sent a query regarding this to WES and they reevaluated my credentials and issued a new report stating my summary as Diploma 2 Years and Bachelors Four Years. Now i can choose two or more option without any doubt.
Hi Vivek,

How did you get two Diploma from Secondary School Diploma and Diploma 2 Years. Could you please explain it clearly?.

Thanks.

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
Hi All,

I have sent a query regarding this to WES and they reevaluated my credentials and issued a new report stating my summary as Diploma 2 Years and Bachelors Four Years. Now i can choose two or more option without any doubt.
Hi Vivek,

I have the same confusion, i did 3 year diploma after 10th then 3 year degree, my ECA says diploma (2 years) and degree (4 years).

Should i select "two or more certificates" option? Did you get a PR after this selection? Please let me know. Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Vivek,

I have the same confusion, i did 3 year diploma after 10th then 3 year degree, my ECA says diploma (2 years) and degree (4 years).

Should i select "two or more certificates" option? Did you get a PR after this selection? Please let me know. Thanks
as mentioned earlier. when creating your profile, you will have to add them one by one. the system will calculate it automatically

fari021

Jul 11, 2018
Hi ,

I have the following ECA
1)Associate degree
2)Bachelor's Degree(four years)

Than can we choose the option
Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees(One must be for three or more years)?

Please reply

jshenry14

Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a double majors bachelor degree done in Canada, from two individual joint programs between UofT and Sheridan College. Apart from that, I got an additional Certificate and Advanced Diploma upon completion of those two programs. It took me 4 years for all these.

Am I eligible for two or more certificate, diplomas or degree option?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

aguscoria

Jul 2, 2018
Hello All,

I went over most of your replies and it seems as though you are all really helpful!! I was wondering if you could help me out with my doubts on my ECA.

I have 2 degrees:
  • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (4 years).
  • Engineering Degree in Information Systems (5 years).
The thing is, that the Engineering Degree is obtained by topping up the Bachelor's Degree and studying for an additional year.

So, in reality, the degrees only differ by 1 year and the courses taken during the first 4 years are the exact same. Each have a separate diploma and degree, and are completely legalized and valid documents.

Would they be considered 2 separate degrees by WES? Would I be able to select Two or more Certificates, diplomas or degrees in my EE profile?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Hetalc17

Jul 16, 2018
My Wes report is as below

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Anna University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Did you get points for 2 degrees?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi!

My friend is having a little trouble with the education aspect of this express entry system. So this the background:

He has a Bachelor's degree from outside Canada and WES has assessed as such
He also has a 2 yr Diploma in Canada

Now when calculating the CRS score, which is the correct option to select for this question: What is your level of education?

Is it going to be Bachelor's Degree (3 or more year program...) OR Two or more certificates, degrees or diploma. One must be for 3 or more years

It's a bit tricky because there is the next option for Canadian degree/diploma/certificate.

I appreciate your feedback