+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Non Regognized University."

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi ANGJ, evanstp9,

I hope you have got your visa by now, I am in similar situation and do not know if I should add my additional credential i.e Diploma ?
My ECA says.
1. Degree ( 3 years)
2. Diploma (3 years) from non-recognized uni. In this the documents were sent directly by the institute.

Your response will be really helpful.

Kind Regards,
Kashmira
any progress?

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Terki,

Could you please elaborate on any official source of this info?
I'd like to have that as part of my potential application, with a LOE, or additional-explanatory docs submitted.

I have a similar report, official transcripts sent directly from the institution and a Canadian equivalency summary.

Thanks!
any update?

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi ANGJ, evanstp9,

I hope you have got your visa by now, I am in similar situation and do not know if I should add my additional credential i.e Diploma ?
My ECA says.
1. Degree ( 3 years)
2. Diploma (3 years) from non-recognized uni. In this the documents were sent directly by the institute.

Your response will be really helpful.

Kind Regards,
Kashmira
Hey Kashmira,

I have seen in this forum that SMU diploma's are being recognized by IQAS. I am not sure if you will get points on the basis of document sent by institute. But would suggest if you can send the diploma to IQAS. Off course there will be money involved. Please check more in this form about SMU diplomas/ Degrees and I am sure you will get more clarity.

Cheers
Max

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hey Kashmira,

I have seen in this forum that SMU diploma's are being recognized by IQAS. I am not sure if you will get points on the basis of document sent by institute. But would suggest if you can send the diploma to IQAS. Off course there will be money involved. Please check more in this form about SMU diplomas/ Degrees and I am sure you will get more clarity.

Cheers
Max
I had a successful ECA from IQAS for my SMU degree

Reactions: Maxpandey

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
I had a successful ECA from IQAS for my SMU degree
Yups. My SCDL Diploma was validated by ICAS. Most of the folks are not aware that apart from WES they can go to other agencies like IQAS/ ICAS. These agencies take time but I have seen several instances wherein they provide positive evaluation of the degrees/ Diplomas where WES either rejected or provided a negative evaluation.

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Not Recognized University." This leads to be a huge surprise to me. :eek:. I am bit worried whether I will be able to get 21 points
for my Bachelor Degree (BE) or not.

The University is around for more than 19 years.

The University was established in accordance with the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences Act, 1995 (Act No. 9 of 1995), Govt of Sikkim,
with the aim of imparting exemplary educational opportunities and healthcare services in the State of Sikkim and country wide.

The University is a also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

I do not understand why the ECA reports says like that. Whereas ICAS is saying that they can provide assessment of study completed at the University.

Can somebody tell me the way out from this situation? Is there any additional documentation required for ECA in this case by WES.

If somebody has undergone with this experience, please share about the next step.

Regards........
Hello, any luck here, what did you do in this case?
I am stuck in the same situation!

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Points are NOT granted, if you still upload and points are not granted - your score will fall & ITA may become invalid. There may also be a misrepresentation.

Please have a look at here, CIC's official website bulletin : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education.html

Under the heading -
"Awarding points: applications received on or after May 4, 2013"
its says clearly "an ECA with an assessment result showing "from a non-recognized institution” is not accepted."

Hope it helps.

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Points are NOT granted, if you still upload and points are not granted - your score will fall & ITA may become invalid. There may also be a misrepresentation.

Please have a look at here, CIC's official website bulletin : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education.html

Under the heading -
"Awarding points: applications received on or after May 4, 2013"
its says clearly "an ECA with an assessment result showing "from a non-recognized institution” is not accepted."

Hope it helps.
yeah I did see this but this is Pre Express entry era, so not sure if they are using the same manuals

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The content was modified on 2015-11-03 that is after EE system has started.
So as long as its there on the website I would consider it valid, until some other official post is found on the CIC website that says otherwise.

Rest is up to individuals however they'd like to proceed.

Also, if you say points are granted - request you to provide link or reference so that I can read up if there's some official information on this.

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
The content was modified on 2015-11-03 that is after EE system has started.
So as long as its there on the website I would consider it valid, until some other official post is found on the CIC website that says otherwise.

Rest is up to individuals however they'd like to proceed.

Also, if you say points are granted - request you to provide link or reference so that I can read up if there's some official information on this.
I am talking about points being granted pre ITA. I included the ECA and got points, but since I am still not sure I removed the credential.

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes pre ITA it will always be granted because it is as per the form you filled up on your own.

Once you get your ITA and you have to submit your documents which is the main stage where each & every information you filed up is scrutinised & is validated if points are actually to be granted or not.
Hence, if the case officer verifies your ECA & see's non-recognised institute, points will not be given.

Hope that helps.

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hey folks, need some real advice here !

I got rejection mail from IQAS for my MBA from SMU-DE because I had done it from outside India:(:(:(After seeing so many positive reviews I too expected to get a successful evaluation but my MBA was from an institute in UAE, however my transcripts were sent by SMU directly to IQAS

Anyone in the same situation as me ?? Should I try my luck with ICES. Your reply will be very helpful