+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Non Regognized University."

ANGJ

Oct 15, 2014
My ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Not Recognized University." This leads to be a huge surprise to me. :eek:. I am bit worried whether I will be able to get 21 points
for my Bachelor Degree (BE) or not.

The University is around for more than 19 years.

The University was established in accordance with the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences Act, 1995 (Act No. 9 of 1995), Govt of Sikkim,
with the aim of imparting exemplary educational opportunities and healthcare services in the State of Sikkim and country wide.

The University is a also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

I do not understand why the ECA reports says like that. Whereas ICAS is saying that they can provide assessment of study completed at the University.

Can somebody tell me the way out from this situation? Is there any additional documentation required for ECA in this case by WES.

If somebody has undergone with this experience, please share about the next step.

Regards........

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANGJ said:
My ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Not Recognized University." This leads to be a huge surprise to me. :eek:. I am bit worried whether I will be able to get 21 points

The University was established in accordance with the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences Act, 1995 (Act No. 9 of 1995), Govt of Sikkim,
with the aim of imparting exemplary educational opportunities and healthcare services in the State of Sikkim and country wide.

I do not understand why the ECA reports says like that. Whereas ICAS is saying that they can provide assessment of study completed at the University.

Can somebody tell me the way out from this situation? Is there any additional documentation required for ECA in this case by WES.

If somebody has undergone with this experience, please share about the next step.

Regards........
Hello ANGJ,

ECA from non-recognized institution status is not valid for FSWP, you cannot claim points under education factor.

Anyone who faced same problem with SMU please help him out or share ideas.

lousyrasco

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
ANGJ said:

Regards........
Hell yeah, this is exactly the reason i could not apply on my own, i looked for WES recognized University list and i could not find this sick SMU or SMUDE...hence i decided to apply for my fiance as primary applicant.

Dude...what is your experience & IELTS score? try to give your secondary certificates for ECA and see if you can match those points...

meelan

Mar 11, 2013
ANGJ said:
My ECA Report by WES says that "Degree from Not Recognized University." This leads to be a huge surprise to me. :eek:. I am bit worried whether I will be able to get 21 points for my Bachelor Degree (BE) or not.

Hi
Me too in the same pathetic situation. May I know whether you managed to get verification from ICAS canada?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
THE SUPER KING said:
Hello ANGJ,

ECA from non-recognized institution status is not valid for FSWP, you cannot claim points under education factor.

Anyone who faced same problem with SMU please help him out or share ideas.
POINTS STILL GRANTED IF WES REPORT STATES - TRANSCRIPTS SENT DIRECTLY FROM EDUCATION INSTITUTION ..

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
meelan said:
Hi Terki
Are you really sure?
My report says so.
http://tinypic.com/r/28sskkp/8
One of my friends have studied MBA from the same university and has got valid points for the same and did not get this kind of response from WES.. He called and fought with them for a review..

meelan

Mar 11, 2013
SMani said:
One of my friends have studied MBA from the same university and has got valid points for the same and did not get this kind of response from WES.. He called and fought with them for a review..
I am actually tired of contacting WES and even now considering to apply throu ICAS or CES.
Again, I am not sure whether they too will accept or reject.
Is there anyone here with this same degree has got verified successfully at once with ICAS or CES?
Please help us by sharing your experience.

Jul 6, 2015
Hello Seniors,

I have a small query before we initiate this process. I did my Graduation (2006) and Post-Graduation (2012) in Part-Time from Sikkim Manipal University, DE.
I don't know but looks like WES or Canadian PR system will not award me any points for my Degree's. :( I will be more than happy to proceed with ICAS but need to know if I will get points for Sikkim Manipal University or not.

Can you please shed some more light on the same?

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
terki said:
my quotes here are as per existing live and past cases

to follow or not is your own choice

again points will be granted
Terki,

Could you please elaborate on any official source of this info?
I'd like to have that as part of my potential application, with a LOE, or additional-explanatory docs submitted.

I have a similar report, official transcripts sent directly from the institution and a Canadian equivalency summary.

Thanks!

Kashmira

Dec 7, 2015
Hi ANGJ, evanstp9,

I hope you have got your visa by now, I am in similar situation and do not know if I should add my additional credential i.e Diploma ?
My ECA says.
1. Degree ( 3 years)
2. Diploma (3 years) from non-recognized uni. In this the documents were sent directly by the institute.

Your response will be really helpful.

Kind Regards,
Kashmira

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
my quotes here are as per existing live and past cases

to follow or not is your own choice

again points will be granted
Mine is recognised in the us but not in canada. Wes has recognised my education but says institute is not recognised