ECA Only highest degree or all degrees?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hi! Received OINP PT notification and preparing my docs. I have a question regarding ECA. I have only my highest degree (master's) assessed by ECA. However, Ontario Nominee Application form require "certified true copies of university degrees and diplomas". Should I enclose my bachelor diploma (no ECA assessment) along with my master's? (with ECA)
please advise, guys. thanks.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgman said:

hi! Received OINP PT notification and preparing my docs. I have a question regarding ECA. I have only my highest degree (master's) assessed by ECA. However, Ontario Nominee Application form require "certified true copies of university degrees and diplomas". Should I enclose my bachelor diploma (no ECA assessment) along with my master's? (with ECA)
Yes you may.

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgman said:

Non-assessed degrees does not hold any weight.
Even if you enclose your Bachelor diploma, it will not benefit in any way.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it just makes more sense to send the copy of diploma with ECA, right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tgman said:

No. Not required. Just include a copy of the ECA and a copy of your Masters degree certificate.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for asking so many questions. But really don't wonna make any mistakes.
The application form asks for all education history. So should I just fill out all schools I have attended (with ECA and without) and sent out the certified copy of my master's diploma (with ECA) and the ECA certificate and not include the copies of the diplomas i don't have ECA for. Is this correct?
thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tgman said:
Sorry for asking so many questions. But really don't wonna make any mistakes.
The application form asks for all education history. So should I just fill out all schools I have attended (with ECA and without) and sent out the certified copy of my master's diploma (with ECA) and the ECA certificate and not include the copies of the diplomas i don't have ECA for. Is this correct?
thanks.
You need to mention only your post-secondary degrees/diplomas.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I need to mention only my post-secondary degrees/diplomas, which I have ECA for. Is this correct?
Since I don't have ECA for my bachelor's degree I will need to only mention my Master's which I have ECA for.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tgman said:
So I need to mention only my post-secondary degrees/diplomas, which I have ECA for. Is this correct?
Since I don't have ECA for my bachelor's degree I will need to only mention my Master's which I have ECA for.
Well, I am not very sure but not mentioning your bachelor's makes sense. Since you do NOT have an ECA for it, it does not ever come into the picture.

But please note that you might have to mention it in the personal history section. Please do NOT leave any gaps in the personal history section. Not even one day.

Reactions: astraldust

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ic, thank you for your reminding.
Also, I have another unclear point. Should i mention my child who will be not accompanying me at this time? "Family Information" section requires details about immediate family members who will be accompanying. But at the same time it requires including all of your dependent children. Not sure how to fill this form.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tgman said:
Ic, thank you for your reminding.
Also, I have another unclear point. Should i mention my child who will be not accompanying me at this time? "Family Information" section requires details about immediate family members who will be accompanying. But at the same time it requires including all of your dependent children. Not sure how to fill this form.
I checked the application form and this is what it says.

"
Do you have dependent family members accompanying you to Canada? *
Yes No
If yes, you must provide the following details about each of your immediate family members who will be accompanying or have accompanied
you to Canada. Please provide the name and date of birth of the family member as it appears on his or her passport or official identification
document. You must include your spouse or common-law partner and all of your dependant children and those of your spouse or common-law
partner, if applicable. Please do not include family members who are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.

".

I agree this is kind of confusing but are you planning to add your spouse and your child as accompanying in your post-ITA profile?

If you do not add them as accompanying, then, you cannot take your wife or your child with you. You have to apply separately using "Spousal sponsorship" and that takes relatively long time.

So, if in the post-ITA application you are going to add your spouse and your kid, you must mention "YES" here and add their details. If you are not going to add them as "accompanying dependents" in your post-ITA application, then you can say "NO" and not mention any details.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear rajkamalmohanram.
Thank you very much for your explanations.
My situation is like that: I have a son from my previous marriage, who will not be accompanying me at this time (I'm planning to sponsor him later). Besides, I have my current spouse and my another son from this marriage. They will be listed as accompanying family members.
So question is how to fill the forms properly that I could later successfully sponsor my elder son to come to Canada. Should I mention him not in OINP application or I can do that later in CIC application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tgman said:
Dear rajkamalmohanram.
Thank you very much for your explanations.
My situation is like that: I have a son from my previous marriage, who will not be accompanying me at this time (I'm planning to sponsor him later). Besides, I have my current spouse and my another son from this marriage. They will be listed as accompanying family members.
So question is how to fill the forms properly that I could later successfully sponsor my elder son to come to Canada. Should I mention him not in OINP application or I can do that later in CIC application?
Well.. In this case, looks like you can mention your spouse and your child from the current marriage in the Ontario application form. We'll see about what has to be filled in the post-ITA form later.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Please let me know if you'd find anything regarding my issue.